We went to the pool side restaurant to enjoy a nice lunch experience. When i informed the hostess we were just going to eat there, and were not guests of the hotel, her attitude changed completely. She became very passive aggressive, telling me there were no tables available, when i could clearly see there were 7 or 8 outside tables and about 8 or 9 inside tables available. She then went inside to "check".
At that moment a hotel guest arrived behind me and asked for a table. He was told by another host that he could be seated immediately inside but would have to wait for an outside table. He said he'd come back later and left.
My hostess came back and told me "no", there were no tables inside. When i told her that her other host was able to seat the guy behind me, she began speaking Portuguese, just shaking her head no, no tables. The male host didnt even help explain (and he spoke perfect English)
They were so snooty and snobby it ruined the whole experience, couldnt wait to leave. And as a side note, we were dressed nicely for lunch, so it wasnt that we were in beach clothing, tracking in sand or anything. Was so annoying i had to post this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil