This hotel is more like a resort. It is totally self-sufficient with its own restaurants, pool, tennis court, spa, etc. If you are concerned about crime in Rio, this is a great place to go and enjoy the weather and the sea, without risking getting mugged or robbed.
And if you want to see the city, the hotel will help you with a guided tour and transportation. This also drastically reduces the risk of any bad stop happening to you. I was here with my wife on our honeymoon. Since this was not just another vacation, I was pretty concerned with crime situation in Rio. Almost all of my friends and acquaintances cautioned me and told some scary stories, which made my concerns even greater.
I was glad we stayed at CP. We were able to enjoy ourselves, while adjusting to Rio and getting ready to immerse ourselves in the city life. The service is superb, but perhaps a bit over the top at times. The hotel is gorgeous, clean, and huge. The rooms are wonderful. And the location is very nice as well, although I would try to stay in Ipanema, if I got another chance to go... it's a lot more trendy than Copacabana, with more restaurants and shops.
Overall, I loved my stay... great hotel and we got used to being in the lap of luxury pretty quick. One word of caution, this is not inexpensive. And some things, like dining options are pretty pricey for the rather pedestrian manu they offer. We shelled out the cash because this was our honeymoon, and even then we got our package at a reduced rate through a special offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the famous Copacabana Beach, the Belmond Copacabana Palace is known as the most luxury hotel in Brazil. A symbol of sophistication and refinement, the Belmond Copacabana Palace offers an impeccable service, excellent cuisine and luxurious accommodation, confirming its tradition of ideal place to stay in Rio de Janeiro. The Belmond Copacabana Palace offers three restaurants inside its facilities; the Italian Cipriani, the Pergula Restaurant, with Brazilian and international cuisine, located next to the pool and the new Pan-Asian restaurant awarded with a prestigious Michelin Star, Mee. Apart from being a landmark in one of the most beautiful areas of Brazil, the hotel is also a center of wellbeing. It offers one of the main spas in the country, with different types of treatments, as well as a beauty salon, both open to the public. It also has a boutique with national and international brands and exclusive pieces. The exclusive Beach service offers sun loungers, umbrellas and water for the guests. The personalized treatment enchants the guests and provides a family atmosphere, making everybody feel at home. The hotel is also known as one of the most sort after venues for parties and Rio´s social events. It has a convention center with ten different rooms and salons of different sizes and shapes, to suite the various needs of the clients. For parties, the hotel offers the luxurious Golden Room, the Nobre Room and the Copacabana Rooms, which can be used for cocktails, dinners, wedding receptions, business meetings and other large parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Belmond, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond Copacabana Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copacabana Palace By Orient-Express Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro
- Copacabana Palace Hotel
- Belmond Copacabana Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil