As many positives as negatives unfortunately.
The location is fantastic, the room was modern and clean, the roof top pool looks great and has amazing views, the buffet breakfast had good choice and was average quality. We had a glimpse of a sea view!!
We found the staff rather rude and not very welcoming, the room service food was not very good, the pool is in good need of a clean as are you after you get out!! Also our balcony door did not lock as the lock had been broken off. We were on a higher level, so it wasn't a major issue, but easily accessed from the next door apartment. The sauna and steam room did not work and the hot tub wasn't so hot, and again, like the pool, didn't look/feel too clean.
I had advised the hotel I was bringing my wife to celebrate our wedding anniversary and they advised me they would arrange something special. They didn't arrange anything and didn't even say happy anniversary on arrival! I wasn't expecting a welcoming fanfare, but just a little personal touch would have been nice.
We arrived early and asked to check in 3 hours early. They wanted payment for this early check in, but the amount they requested was half the full rate of the room, so we were not paying that!!
This hotel has the potential to be a top rated hotel with a little bit of care and attention. Nice hotel, but definitely not worth the price paid.
We used Rio transfers to collect us from the airport as this was only $80 as opposed to $125 charged by the hotel. On the way back we took a cab and this cost $50 (all Real). We didn't feel particularly unsafe in the area, but we were cautious. We took buses to see christ the redeemer, sugar loaf and lapa steps and were fine, very easy and cheap! I would recommend the brasilian restaurant Brasilierhino just down the road.
Overall, nice hotel, just not worth the price paid. If price was lower, or if staff were nicer and the upkeep better, we would have scored this much higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pestana Rio Atlântica is a hotel located on Avenida Atlântica, on the famous Copacabana beach, with quick access to Galeão International Airport and Santos Dumont Airport. Perfect for both business and leisure travellers, the hotel sits only minutes from tourist attractions such as the Corcovado (Christ the Redeemer), Pão de Açucar (Sugar Loaf), Lagoa, the Botanical Gardens and the beaches of Ipanema and Leblon. In addition, it is only 8 km from the city centre and 600 m from an underground station. With a lively atmosphere, the Deck Bar is the known as the place to start your night, having welcomed some of the best international and Brazilian DJs. The hotel’s rooftop swimming pool offers fantastic views of the beach. To make sure nothing is missing, the restaurant and the gym will compliment your stay in the marvellous city. With views of the sea or the city, all rooms are comfortable and have balconies, air conditioning, free Wi-Fi and plasma TVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, PESTANA MANAGEMENT - Servicos de Gestao S.A., Booking.com, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Pestana Rio Atlantica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Pestana Rio Atlantica De Janeiro
- Pestana Rio Atlantica Rio De Janeiro, Brazil