“Nice renovated rooms”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Nice renovated rooms”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We spent 4 nights during carnaval 2014. Took 11th floor with "partial see view". Room number 1105-great view. More expensive than same standard rooms on lower floors, but view is much better -you see nice part of Copacabana, Sugar loaf...no building blocking view. It was worth it.
Hotel personnel is very friendly and helpfull.
Breakfast was great.
Bar and pool on the roof is great with great views. We enjoyed some drinks there.
We did not try any SPA or Wellness possibilities.
Generally I would recommend. I assume it is cheaper outside carnaval time.

Room Tip: Higher floor = nicer view. Rooms with odd numbers look into direction with sugar loaf. Better views...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Mr. 7Maco7,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.

Unfortunately I did not have the pleasure to meet you personally, however I am so glad to read your comments in which I clearly see that we have exceeded your expectations!

It´s always gratifying to receive feedbacks, and your kind comments will be shared with all the staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.

We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back at one of our Hotels & Resorts;

Pestana Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I just checked out from this hotel after spending a week there and, I would like to start by recognizing the staff which is excellent, especially to Cyntia at the front desk who was very helpful when I check in. The pool & bar on the top floor is amazing and the staff there is also helpful. The view are also amazing and can easily spend few hours just looking at it.
Rooms are OK, mine was a big room with an excellent view. the bed sheets needs to be updated it and there were lots of mosquitoes and I didn't even open my windows.

Excellent stay, highly recommended and ask for Cyntia at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Mr. RonaldJQ,

On your next trip to our Hotel in Rio de Janeiro, please check our website Pestana.com where you will find fantastic rates with exclusives benefits for those who books via our website for our different room types, from deluxe to our presidential suite.

Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The Pestana Rio Atlântico, is 5 stars hotel, well located at copacabana beach has confort rooms and very helpfull staff. The rooftop swimming pool must be visit and has an incredible view. The restaurant is ok and the breakfast could be better

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest,

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 9 March 2014

+++PRO+++
The location is amazing. Went during Carnaval and it is not only directly on one of the most famous beaches in the world, but also the block parties right in front are incredible. Lots of great restaurants nearby... try 'Informal' and 'El Burn'.

Their English is pretty good - language wasn't an issue for us.

The rooftop pool is gorgeous.

---CON---
The concierge is useless. They are rude and they lie. Here is just one example: if I had listened to their "advice", I would have missed the chance to see Christ Redeemer. The woman told me definitively that it closes at 5pm, false; she told me that tickets are only sold on-site or in one specific location in Copacabana, false; and then her only directions to the specific location were 'just ask anyone how to get to [very quickly spoken Portuguese place name]', followed by 'NEXT IN LINE'.

Rooms are somewhat cozy but not a problem. Water not potable and no complementary bottled water.

During Carnaval we paid an arm and a leg, but that's par for the course.

There doesn't seem to be a working email address. rioatlantica@pestanarioatlantica.com.br is not valid.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Gordon S,

Thank you for choosing the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel and for your comments regarding your stay. We are sorry to learn about the inconveniences you experienced whilst staying with us.

Your information regarding our levels of service were worthy of our utmost attention, and the necessary actions are being taken in order to prevent similar situations from happening in the future.

The information’s on your comments are of our high interest and I would appreciate if you could contact our Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Gefferson Alves, on his e-mail: Gefferson.alves@pestana.com as we are really would like to better understand on your stay with us.

Looking forward in hearing from you at your earliest convenience,

Kind regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was one of the best stays at a hotel that I have had in a long time. The ladies and gentlemen behind the desk were courteous and attentive to eveyone's needs. The staff speaks many languages and English is not an issue. The room was spotless clean with crisp, soft, white sheets and pillows with a gorgeous view of Copa Cobana beach. The food was excellent, and the pool- rooftop bar reminded me of a South Beach 5-star hotel. The breakfast is included, and its not a continental breakfast. It includes all food types: ham and cheeses, eggs, friut, yogurt and more.

The best part of the trip was that Carnival had started. It gets crazy during Carnival in Rio, and here is where I was impressed. The staff made sure the guests were safe with wrist bands to designate guests as well as security-staff everywhere and checking all at the front door. Safety for the guests was priority number one. When you feel safe and have comfort and luxory- then you will always come back, and I know I will be back to the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank edo711
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Mr. Edo711

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 2 March 2014

The location is fantastic, the place is clean and has a lot of potential but unfortunately it is let down by very dodgy practices and unprofessional staff, with the big exception of Daniela in the breakfast room, who is an absolute gem. Check in was okay, if a bit slow, but that applies to almost everything in Rio. We liked the room, small but very clean and in excellent condition and a tiny balcony with a great view. The problems started at the first check-out (we stayed twice in the Pestana Atlantica during our trip in Rio), when I was handed my pre-paid bill containing some mystical additional charges. Upon request I was informed that I allegedly consumed some beers at the Sky Bar, a place I hadn't even visited at that point. I had to sign a form stating that I hadn't consumed the items on the bill, but there was no apology for their mistake. It should have been easy to compare my signature with that on the bill signed for the items to prove that they were wrong, but that would have been too much for the blase' looking staff member. Six days later we returned, hoping that this time we could simply enjoy our stay without any mishaps, but the problems started with a visit to the Sky Bar where we ordered two cocktails that, according to the cocktail list contained 400ml. When they arrived, it became clear that it was a mere 250ml (probably hoping to catch out customers who are not familiar with metric measures) and we complained, only to be told that this was their standard measure. Finally, our bill was reduced by 1/3, accounting for the mismatch between advertised and actual measures. I find this false advertising disgraceful and I hope that other guests will challenge this fraudulent behaviour in the future. This is simply unacceptable anywhere but particular in a so called five star hotel. To top it off, they tried to charge us for a chocolate bar from the mini bar, that we hadn't consumed (who would, at 32C???); again, without an apology. Based on our experience, I think this place is not ready for the two big upcoming events (FA World Cup and the Olympics). Their customer care is terrible and their practices need scrutiny and review, before they reach acceptable standards.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Mr. Londonkraut,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the Pestana Rio Atlantica as your destination, and for having taken your valuable time to comment your stay with us.

In order to better understand the situations hereafter disclosed, I would appreciate if you could send us your e-mail address so which we can contact you in regards to your valuable comments!

We apologize for any inconvenience which you have faced and assure you that this does not reflects our standards. Please do contact our Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Gefferson Alves on his e-mail address: Gefferson.alves@pestana.com.

We look forward in hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

Yours Sincerely,

Director of Operations Brazil
Hollywood, CA
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I absolutely loved my stay last week at the Pestana Rio Atlantica. It was my first time in Rio and the hotel was an absolute dream come true!

Upon arrival, I received a wonderful welcome from the gentleman at the door and at check-in. I was made to feel at home there from the start to the very end of the trip.

The hotel itself is beautiful and is very modern, stylish and clean. It really does have the best view of both sides of the long stretch of Copacabana. The oceanfront rooms are exceptional in size, have a very plush bed, great pillows, a sofa, large bath & shower and the balcony hosted a wooden table with chairs and a separate lounge chair as well. The air conditioning was fantastic and cooled the room down very quickly. The room was very quiet at night. Everything was just perfect.

I enjoyed the rooftop lounge and also had dinner there one evening. The food and ambience were wonderful. The view from the rooftop lounge and pool area are unbeatable. There is no other hotel in the middle of the massive beach with an unobstructed view like theirs. Stunning!

I had actually booked a different hotel for Ipanema for the second part of the holiday but I ended up canceling that one and returned for the duration at the Pestana Rio. I knew I would not have the same service and comfort anywhere else and received a second warm welcome back.

A very, very big Thank You to some of the people at Pestana who have helped with booking, check-in and everything while there: Gefferson, Orlando, Danny, Rodrigo, Bruno, the gentleman in the top restaurant area and to the many guys who helped with suggestions, directions, luggage, etc. It really was a dream vacation and everyone above contributed to it significantly. Thank you, Pestana Rio Atlantica!

Room Tip: The oceanfront rooms are spectacular!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Bunni W
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Mrs. Bunni,

Unfortunately I did not have the pleasure to meet you personally, however I am so glad to read your comments in which I clearly see that our team is doing an amazing job!