“Memorable and lovely.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sao Paulo, SP
“Memorable and lovely.”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a fantastic vacation here. My partner had organized this trip and hotel as a surprise, he'd even got one of the staff to bring me a birthday present to the room (disguised as room service) which I was grateful for the staff that participated and helped made our stay extra special.

Staff were friendly from the moment we arrived, Food was lovely and the room was very exceptionally large and very clean. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anybody and I will definitely go again if in Rio. Also right opposite the beach and in a very good location!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JosephAMThompson
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Mr. JosephAMThompson,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments.

It´s always gratifying to receive feedbacks, and your kind comments will be shared with all the staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks.

Pestana Hotels & Resorts is always working on improving our levels of satisfactions and I am happy to hear that we are on the right direction!

Thank you also for your kind comments about our associates. I will share with them all!
We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back at one of our Hotels & Resorts;

Pestana Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This was my third stay at this hotel and each time I get a better experience. At first I've found the hotel had very good rooms and facilities but there was still room for improvement in the guest services department. Now, even that has improved and it made my stay a memorable one. All the issues during my stay, like having misplaced a jacket were solved with a very commited attitude from the staff, specially Ms. Luciana, whom I have to specially thank.
Besides that, rooms are spacious, very clean and confortable, the pool bar and deck has amazing view, and very confortable by day and night where you can have some drinks while listening to great music and enjoying the best view over copacabana.
Will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Magda96
Dear Mrs. Magda96,

Thank you also for your kind comments about our Front Desk Manager, Ms. Luciana Meda.

She is definitively an Ambassador of our commitment in delivering the best in service to our internal and external guests. I will pass on her your comments and I am certain she will be even more encouraged.

segny

Fantastic location, Fantastic view from the roof, Fantastic employees
Fantastic breakfast and fantastic swimming pool
If you want to leave fantastic holidays in Copacabana, go there!!

Room Tip: Room with partial sea view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank NanaSegny
Dear Mrs. NanaSegny,

Thank you very much for choosing the Pestana Rio Atlantica Hotel, and for sharing your feedback with us.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that you will return and become a regular guest of ours.

We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm and relaxed ambient and consequently turn your stay into Memorable Moments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Well 5 days was just not enough the staff were incredible views beautiful, location superb! I couldn't have asked for more, the hotel was spotlessly clean from top to bottom a genuine pleasure and will be returning, adjacent to a number of fantastic restaurants as well as some great local bars!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chrispeters23
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Mr. Chrispeters23,

Unfortunately I did not have the pleasure to meet you personally, however I am so glad to read your comments in which I clearly see that we have exceeded your expectations!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 23 March 2014

we stayed at the Pestana Rio Atlantico for 4 nights at the end of febr. 2014. We stayed in room 1103, which is a suite, consisting of bedroom + salon, with beautiful side-view of south copacabana and the Sugar Loaf. The room was very clean and well-maintained; bathroom with very large (rain)shower, but with little spare place to put the amenities. I'm sure that an extra shelf would be apprecfiated!
Buffet breakfast was included in the price - with a cook on order for special ommelettes and eggs, as well as pancakes, wafels, etc.
The staff, both housekeeping, restaurant and front desk were all very nice, courteous and friendly. The location of the hotel is AAA, smack in the middle of Copacobana Beach.
And last but not least: the Roof Terrace with swimmingpool, [snack]bar and lounge chairs is the perfect place to enjoy the incredible sunsets of Rio!
Thanks to the whole staff for a wonderful stay.
Michael (Pim) de Vries, wife and friends

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michael d
Dear Mr. Michael De Vries,

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at Pestana for 2 weeks during January and again for another 2 weeks during February 2014.

The hotel is clean and the general service is good.
Most of the staff is fluent in English and very helpful.

Our rooms were modern and clean with comfortable beds and pillows.
This is the first hotel I ever stayed in where I could even order a specific type of pillow from a menu. The standard feather pillows however was very comfortable.

Their full frontal sea view rooms are very spacious.
The rooms we stayed in, both offered a desk for comfortable working on your laptop.
WIFI is good and free in the rooms, a great plus compared to other hotels in the area that charge as much as R$60 per day for internet in the room.

Their breakfast on the rooftop restaurant is excellent and hands down the best in Brazil, not only Rio, but Brazil. The choice is very good and their fresh fruits are very fresh and choice even vary from day to day.
By the way the view from the rooftop restaurant is awesome.

The rooftop swimming pool is awesome and the biggest I've seen so far in any Rio hotel.

The pool area has a bar which becomes a nice venue in the evenings with a DJ for a great night out party or just a nice place to chill with friends. The views at night from there are awesome with a 270 degree view of Copacabana's night lights and sugar mountain.

The hotel's location is great and is situated in the middle of Copacabana beach. Behind and around the hotel you are in easy and short walking reach of dozens of restaurants, all major banks and any possible shop you can think of. The hotel offer free vouchers for free transfer to and from the shopping mall, Rio Sul, which cater for most needs.

During our stay it was necessary to change our reservation dates as well as our booked accommodation and when we contact the Rooms Division Manager, Mr. Gefferson Alves, he arranged this for us very quickly and efficiently.

As mentioned above, we stayed twice at Pestana, first during January and then again during February. On our return for our second stay of two weeks we were welcomed with a snack and personal welcome letter in our room, from Mr Alves.
During our second stay our son was also born and on our return from the hospital we found a letter from Mr Alves congratulation us on the arrival of our new born son and a bottle of sparkling wine in our fridge.

These personal touches were highly appreciated by us, and for the next few weeks before we left Rio and driving pass Pestana, my wife and I always referred to Pestana when passing it, .....as passing our home. Yes, that is really how we started to feel about Pestana,....our home away from home.

Mr Alves really made our stay at Pestana special and very enjoyable.

We will definitely stay at Pestana again and I think it is mainly because of his input.

I will definitely recommend Pestana to anyone as a great choice for a first stay in Rio and I bet you, you will return.

If you however have any queries or need help with anything during your stay, do yourself a favour and ask for Mr Gefferson Alves to assist you and to make your stay more enjoyable at Pestana.

This is a great place to stay.....keep up the great work Pestana!!

Room Tip: Try to stay as high as possible
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank EFick
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Mr. EFick,

Mallemort, France
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The suite we had was quite spacious. The service in general was good. Shower was nice and big, really good when coming off the beach with a child, we could all rinse off at the same time! Breakfasts were good.

I don't think they bleach their white towels, which to me is a very good thing. As long as towels are clean there is no need to add to the destruction of the planet. It is the first time I've stayed in a hotel supplying greyish towels and I was not unhappy about it. I provide mostly bright yellow and bright green towels in my establishment, thereby also eliminating the need for bleach.

Room Tip: Seafront rooms have the busy main road in front, but the view is fantastic!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Rio Atlantica, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Mr. Charmainejoey,