“Best location, Great choice! :-)”
Review of Hotel Arpoador

Hotel Arpoador
Ranked #25 of 281 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Toronto, Canada
“Best location, Great choice! :-)”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This is the ONLY hotel literally on the beach, not across the street from the beach. The views are spectacular day and night. Veryyyy friendly staff, very clean, very comfortable. I am so happy I chose this hotel for the week. Great breakfast literally outside on the water almost on the sand. I would definitely stay here again, but the wifi is not very strong signal. I was told that it is being upgraded next week, which will then make this hotel my #1 choice to stay at in Rio when I return. Definitely two thumbs up. Obrigado.

Room Tip: choose an ocean view room! it's worth the extra per night. sounds of the ocean constantly. it...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Rocco S
Daniel G, Manager at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your superb review regarding the recent with us, at ARPOADOR INN.

Our teams are extremely excited to know how much you have enjoyed our excellency services and comfortable facilities. We are indeed the only hotel in Rio de Janeiro located literally on the beach, with a charming private stone cobbled street between us and the beach.

Our internet services were upgraded, so we do hope to welcome you back very soon.

My very best wishes,

Daniel Gorin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Basic facilities, friendly and efficient staff, unique location! But make sure you select a room with a view, truly what makes this hotel unique! It's a luxury to be literally twenty steps from the sand of Arpoador beach, with no busy streets with honking cars in between.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank engliishpatient
Daniel G, Manager at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for enthusiastically reviewing your stay with us, at ARPOADOR INN.

I am extremely glad that you enjoyed the peace in one of our Deluxe Sea View apartments, which overlooks the nicest beaches in Rio de Janeiro.

Hope to welcome you back soon.

NYC
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I've been to Rio twice and stayed at the Ceasar Park which was beautiful but pricey. I thought I'd give a cheaper hotel a chance.

Arpoador is in a great location and the bed I slept in was comfortable. Those are the only positives I could list after being there for 1 night. I found the hotel a bit run down and the room made me feel like I was staying in a motel. I also am not sure what people were talking about in terms of a good breakfast. I found most of the items left out stale and I ended up only having a couple of pieces of fruit because there were no good options for anything that looked edible. I use Trip Advisor religiously so I'm a bit disappointed based on the reviews that it's rated so highly. If I were to go back, I'd spend double the money for a much better stay at another hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Shirin G
Dear guest,

We are thankful for you taking the time to review your recent stay with at ARPOADOR INN.
I am particularly happy to hear how much you have enjoyed our location as much as you have enjoyed our comfortable bed.

Both our properties will have been refurbished soon.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon, either at ARPOADOR INN or at IPANEMA INN, where the modernisation of the apartments has already started.

bucks
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Great location with only a walkway between hotel and beach, unlike all other hotels that have a busy rood between them and the beach. We had a nice big sea view room which was clean, although bathroom could do with a refurb. Breakfast good with a really nice fruit salad. Reception staff all very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank loobyBucks
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us, at ARPOADOR INN. It is great to hear how much you have enjoyed the view from your apartment's window.
To stay in a Deluxe Sea View apartment is, in fact, a unique experience.

We hope to be able to welcome you again soon, while we plan the renovation of some parts of the hotel, including the bathrooms, for an even greater comfort.

My very best wishes,

Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The hotel was in a perfect location right on Ipanema Beach, and just a few minutes away from great food and shopping. The rooms were bright and clean, the staff were incredibly courteous and helpful. The experience was great overall.

• Stayed February 2013
9 Thank MentalWhale
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.
We were thrilled to hear how much you have enjoyed our location and level of services and hope to welcome you soon at ARPOADOR INN.

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 4 February 2013

It's a great location on Ipanema (which I prefer personally to Copacabana). The staff that this hotel are very friendly and helpful. Two thumbs up for Diego! The rooms are small but were clean. The restaurant was OK. A bit overpriced, but the breakfast buffet prepared each morning with fresh bread and juices was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Patsy V
Daniel G, Gerente at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this review, 15 February 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your superb review about ARPOADOR INN.

I am glad that you have enjoyed our location as much as you enjoyed our great level of services.
Your compliments were transmitted to the teams at the hotel, who look forward to welcoming you back soon in Rio de Janeiro.

Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the best location. The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful. Stefano was always willing to assist us, thank you for your hospitality. The rooms were clean and well equipped. The restaurant staff were not very friendly. I would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
7 Thank Loretta V
Daniel G, Gerente at Hotel Arpoador, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the preference and for the kind comments regarding your recent stay with us, at ARPOADOR INN.

We are indeed located in an incredibly special location, literally in front of the sea.
Your compliments were transmitted to our staff, who look forward to welcoming you back to Rio de Janeiro soon.