Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
markr2306
Cambridge, United Kingdom

very nice public areas - rooms very basic

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 Nov 2017
The lobby area, the restaurant and the helpful service are great - really of a Hilton or Sheraton standard. The strange thing is that the rooms really don't match the public areas - although large they are rather bare ( no bedside lights for example in my room), and the beds have what seems like pretty sheets, which i didn't find very comfortable. The air conditioning was not particularly responsive, although adequate.
Strange hotel - public areas excellent, rooms basic
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this review
Responded 29 Nov 2017
Dear Guest,
First of all I would like to thank you for your comments.
Regarding the rooms, we have different configurations but in all of them we have a light for reading on each side of the bed. Feel free to contact me to share some more info about that. I would like to know in which room you've stayed in order to check if there's any problem with the lights.
Once again I thank you for sharing your experience.
£129
    £34
16.1 miles from Windsor Florida Hotel
View more hotels in Rio de Janeiro
1,362 results
All reviews breakfast buffet flamengo park subway station the hotel's restaurant sized bed the hotel staff safe neighborhood comfortable hotel hot water spoke english small room hotel is great min walk rio brazil taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I was reluctant to book this hotel because I am a true Hilton fan. However, the location was much better for my stay. I was pleasantly surprised. The price was great and the hotel was exceptionally clean and well adorned. I will stay there again. Great pool and workout facility on the roof. The staff were very helpful to me. Breakfast was included and nothing like the cheap American breakfast you get here. It was a feast. Thank you to the staff for taking such good care of me.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LB8217
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,
I'm really glad that your choice that started out based on location was recompensated with great service and facilities that were up to your expectations.
Thanks four your kind comments.
Gerente Geral

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

a. My family and I stayed in this hotel a couple of weeks prior to the Olympics in Rio and we were a little bit afraid of the city being crowed but in fact the hotel or the city was not crowed. Our stay in this hotel was very nice; the staff was very welcoming and friendly.
b. Let me start with the positives and then I will go with the negatives of this time at the Windsor.
i. Positive:
ii. Location: the hotel is in the “Catete” are of Rio de Janeiro, which is very close to the Pao de Acucar (Sugar loaf mountain), the beach, and within 100 meters (330 feet) from shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, and restaurants. The hotel is in the “Rua” (Street) Ferreira Viana, which is a short street with condos and another hotel.
iii. Breakfast buffet and dining: by far this is the best breakfast buffet that I have had in this year’s trip. The buffet has lots of options, eggs,
iv. Safety: This hotel is in a very safe area of Rio de Janeiro, I mean we walked during the morning and at night without a problem around the hotel and near the shops and restaurants in the vicinity. As a matter of fact this is our second time staying in the “Catete” area and I always felt very safe and cool to walk around. However, all travelers must be aware that you should take the necessary precautions when going to Rio, which I can summarize as: 1- Not looking like a funny tourist (Looking lost, asking constantly for directions, walking with a map at hand, taking pictures to all birds and buildings that you see, and wearing those horrible Hawaiian shirts with Flowers), 2- Do not wear flashy jewelry like gold watches, shiny necklaces, or rings.
v. Cleanliness: the hotel is very clean and nicely kept.
vi. Personnel Service; The team at the front desk and the cleaning people are very nice and attentive. It has been experience with Brazilians in general; they are very respectful and cool people. I asked for maps and basic information and they are very nice. Also, they speak English and are service oriented.
c. Negative:
Beds: The only average factor about the hotel is the beds, which are not big and not very soft. But, my room was a double room with two single beds. The beds were not perfectly soft but NOT hard as wood, it was something in between. However, I had a good sleep.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Joelo-A
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Mr. Joelo,
First of all I would like to thank you for your detailed review. It does give a real and deep perspective of what the clients will get when coming to our neighborhood and our hotel.
I'm glad that you've enjoyed our hospitality and services and that you had a great time in Rio during the games.
Regarding the bed, we do have some different options and in case you decide to visit us again it will be my pleasure to help you with that issue.
Once again I thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Recently stayed in this Hotel while on a Business Trip to Rio.

Hotel room was great and clean. Amenities seem to be OK, despite not having used it due to lack of time.

Breakfast is a strong suite as the variety of stuff they serve are awesome. Fruits, bacon, cheeses, the works :). Staff was very friendly.

Free internet and parking are also good in my books.

Great location, just a few meters away from the metro station, very close tto the Flamengo beach (not suitable for bath) and also close to Downtown.

Great value for money. Not very expensive. We paid less than U$100 per day for two, breakfast included.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Francisco P
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Mr. Francisco,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
It is really good to know that you've appreciated out facilities and services and that our location perfectly suited your purposes.
Once again I thank you for your comments and we do hope that you stay with us on your next visit to Rio.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Rio de Janeiro Brazil is so beautiful and people are very helpful and friendly, had a little problem with language but with help from the people help me to get around. I was picked by Road Safety for 5 Continents (RS5C) and it was held May 2016 at Windsor Florida Hotel at Rua Ferreira Vienna 81 Flamengo which not far from where I was staying. Flamingo is a' very nice area and the hotel is not far from main bus route and beaches not far. RS5C was held inside hotel for 4 days in different Conference rooms. The staff are so nice and helpful, we where served snacks and drinks during breaks and we paid for lunch and ate at hotel. The food was great well organized and very nice dinning room. The Conference rooms was near pool and outside area and a great view of Flamengo and 2 separate buildings that were built to see a cross from the 2 buildings space between them in Lapa. I didn't stay there but the room where big with a smooth decor. Will be going back to Brazil. I will be stay at this very nice hotel that is in a good location to get around.

Date of stay: May 2016
2  Thank smithg73
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Guest,
It is really good to know that you've appreciated out facilities and services.
I would like to thank you for your comments and we do hope that you stay with us on your next visit to Rio.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

In Rio for work and we stayed at this hotel recommended by our translator.

It's near a metro stop, the staff is excellent and the breakfast buffet it great as well. I'm pretty sure break is included and we paid about $90 USD per night. They also have valet parking.

Because of flight delays getting here, we had to hit the ground running. When I was finally able to shower, I appreciated one that had lots of hot water, a tall shower head and a torrent of water scouring the sweat and grime off me.

Date of stay: April 2017
1  Thank Mark H
NeubeBrigagao, Gerente geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear Mr. Mark,
We really apreciate your comments and I would like to thank you for sharing them with us.
To provide a fantastic experience is our goal and it's great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you again in the future.