Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
paul j
Paris, France

unwelcoming

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 3 weeks ago
I'm staying at this hotel now, and I have stayed here previously as well. It is an efficient and well-run place. But I have felt little respect for even repeat clients. I arrived from São Paulo this morning at 9 and was told that my room was available, and there was no one in it, but nevertheless, I needed to wait until 1:30 pm to enter the room unless I wanted to pay an additional 300 R. Then, since I needed to wait four hours (for no reason) to get into my room, I went to have some coffee and fruit at the breakfast buffet. An attendant approached me 20 minutes later to tell me I needed to pay 90R since I was not yet a registered guest. This was deeply insulting, and is also a very stupid business model. Why would you NOT try to accommodate a repeat customer who pays thousands of dollars at your hotel by allowing them into the empty room a bit early, or giving them access to your coffee and buffet, half of which is going into the garbage anyhow? Very shortsighted business model. I like this hotel for its efficiency and for its location--let's face it, it is the only good hotel near the city center-- but the lack of respect for me as a repeat client makes me unsure about wanting to stay here in the future. By the way, I also speak good Portuguese and have been working here for 30 years, so I do have some perspective.
Date of stay: May 2024
    £64
10.9 miles from Windsor Florida Hotel
View more hotels in Rio de Janeiro
1,362 results
All reviews breakfast buffet flamengo park subway station the hotel's restaurant sized bed the hotel staff safe neighborhood comfortable hotel hot water spoke english small room hotel is great min walk rio brazil taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 March 2024 via mobile

It looks a nice hotel and has a nice roof top pool and bar. But the rooms are very dated and there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room which was very disappointing. Just seemed a bit overly grippy. Dining room food was a buffet, nothing amazing just simple easy food.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Marcos Pires, Diretor-Geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2024

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your opinion is always very important to us.
Marcos Pires
Windsor Florida Hotel

Reviewed 2 January 2024 via mobile

We chose this hotel over NYE as it was one of the few still available. Positives: safe, clean and in a good location to explore Rio (there's a nearby metro for direct access to Copacabana and Ipanema). Breakfast had a decent selection (though they cancelled it at short notice on one day) and the rooftop pool is a good size. There were a few negatives however. First, the staff are not helpful or friendly: in fact they act like they are there to police guests rather than offer a service. Check-in was chaos. Second, the walls are paper thin so it can be noisy. Third, the shower in our bathroom had very poor water pressure so it was just a dribble of water. We liked the area but you need to be sensible and alert. Would I stay at this hotel again? Probably not.

Room tip: Ask for a room on a high floor as there is street noise.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marcos Pires, Diretor-Geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2024

Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers. We were pleased to read your positives points about our safe, clean, good location to explore Rio, our delicious Breakfast and the rooftop pool, but were sorry to hear there were some issues with your room and our staff. Please rest assured we have addressed this with the team to ensure we improve on this. We hope that on your next visit, events like these will no longer occur, so that your stay is as pleasant as possible.
We reiterate our thanks for your valuable collaboration and we look forward to a new opportunity to welcome you, and thus repair any previous image.
Kind regards,
Marcos Pires
Windsor Florida Hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2023 via mobile

The Hotel is nice, but the room in 5 floor 546 was small and outside the window it was just a wall with no view…Bathroom was nice AC was working well.
Wanted to recharge my phone but only 127 V, no international connections
Burned bacon no proper bread just toast

Room tip: Bring proper charger and Ask for a room with the view.
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ricardo Luiz Peixoto, Diretor-Geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2023

Windsor Florida thanks you for your review and comments.
I inform you that we have 110v and 220v voltages in the apartments. As for breakfast, we have already passed on to the Chef de Cuisine to reinforce with the team the care in cooking food, referring to the variety of breads, we serve 05 types of savory breads and 05 types of sweet breads daily.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and thus improve the impression obtained.

Reviewed 22 April 2023 via mobile

We had a really good stay. Hotel is clean and breakfast is amazing with lots of varities. Safe srea to stay. People at the reception were very helpful and they spoke english. Gym can be better. They allowed us to check in few hours before time. Overall it was very good.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ricardo Luiz Peixoto, Diretor-Geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2023

Dear Emildar,

The Windsor Florida Team appreciates your evaluation of our hotel's services and infrastructure. Knowing that your stay went as expected is a source of satisfaction for all of us.
Thank you for choosing us for your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Ricardo Luiz Peixoto

Reviewed 17 April 2023

Great hotel, very comfortable and friendly staff! Breakfast was also great! My family and I loved it. We were in 5 (my in laws, my 6 years old daughter and my husband). As we wished, we stayed in a family room (two rooms connected) and it worked perfectly for us!

Room tip: You can order pizza from the hotel. They provide meals if you are hungry and don't want to leave during the night.
Date of stay: November 2022
Ricardo Luiz Peixoto, Diretor-Geral at Windsor Florida Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2023

Dear Carpenter Family,

The Windsor Florida Team is grateful for the review and comments made to our hotel.
It was a pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you again.
Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Rio de Janeiro.

Best Regards,