We stayed here for 6 nights over new year. Top spot close to the main beach and shops and everything Rio. However, the rooms were very tired. They still have double beds! The room we had was tiny and cramped for two people for 6 nights. Disappointing. We were given a smoking room at first but as non-smokers they moved us, but not without appearing disgruntled. Pool bar on the top floor has great views and was fantastic for new year. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was excellent but the place lacks atmosphere. Breakfasts were various and the water was hot for tea. This is a rarity in South America. Overall, not what we expected for a Windsor Hotel, but serviceable and centrally located.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renewed in 1999, the Windsor Plaza Hotel has become the perfect choice for business travelers who also wants to enjoy the wonders of Rio de Janeiro. Its facilities were designed to attend the highest expectations of those who need a nice place to work and relax. Our location is simply perfect as we are located just as close to downtown as to the main touristic spots in Rio. The hotel offers 24 hours room service, free high speed internet, cable tv with English, German, French Spanish and Italian spoken channels, beach service, laundry, 2 digital telephone lines in the room, business center and fitness center. We also offer a free transfer to / from the International and local airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Splitty, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Windsor Plaza Copacabana
- Windsor Plaza Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil