Windsor Guanabara Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel RJ Santos Dumont(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$84
Novotel
  • Restaurant
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Transamerica Prime Barra(Rio de Janeiro)
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$111
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$126
  • Pool
Orla Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)
US$254
US$143
1,373 results
All reviewsroom was large and comfortablestreet vendorscentral locationmini barwifi internetmetro stationsmall gymguanabara bayrooftop poolbreakfast buffetcentrocandelariauruguaianacopacabanaproximityneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stay there for a few weeks!!

Pros:
- Great Service stuff who speaks good English and very helpful
- Clean beds and fairly decent room sizes
- Nearby to business district

Cons:
- Limited selection for food (but maybe that's just me cause I stay there for so long)
- Not a great location as it can be fairly dangerous on the streets.

Summary:
If you are coming here for business meetings, it's a good place to stay for a couple of days. If you plan to have extended stay, then not a great idea.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WindsorGuanabara, Recepcionista at Windsor Guanabara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a good standard for Rio de Janeiro. Stable wifi and a nice buffet for breakfast and lunch. I had nice steak dinner and all in all it was a comfortable stay. I was only here for a single night, but because I had stayed here previously check in was swift even though the reception was busy.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
WindsorGuanabara, Front Desk Office at Windsor Guanabara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2017

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Walking into the reception on arrival was like walking into a busy complaints counter at a department store - long queues of people and lots of hustle and bustle. When I made it to the counter the staff seemed flustered and disinterested. The hotel itself has seen better days (probably the 1970s) and although it appeared cosmetically clean, one couldn't help getting the feeling that hitting a chair hard would result in a plume of unchecked dust. My room was a good size and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was relatively large with a bath and integrated shower but the brown-grey-beige colour scheme would have been more at home in a sauna than in a hotel. WiFi was available but the connection was almost unusable. One high point was breakfast which had a good selection but got busy at around 7 am, at which time it seemed like everyone in the hotel descended for their repast at the same time. For such a large hotel, the 3 slow elevators were completely ineffective, often requiring a wait of up to 10 minutes before one with enough room to squeeze into arrived - this was exacerbated around breakfast time. Check-out was equally disinterested. The area around the hotel did not seem very safe being noisy with people at all hours of the day and night. At least my room (on the upper floors) was high enough that it was quiet when I wanted to sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank The-Elusive-Thnith

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My first room was so noisy that, even though it was noon, with all common daytime noises, I realized I'd have a hard time trying to sleep. My second room had a pronounced smoke stink from previous smoking guests - I believe! Not only that: the drywall in the bathroom was peeling off and the shower door was broken open - one might picture the wet mess the floor was after my shower... Definitely the worst business hotel I have ever been a guest at. And I'm sure this is just lack of effort, since I've stayed in other Windsor-chain hotels in Rio and all of them kick this one's behind momentously. After I leave, I'll do my best to forget it for good!

Room Tip: To find a good room, book another hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 May 2014

My flight was early the next morning, I was after an excellent hotel. I definitely got that here. The staff were incredibly polite, and whilst not many spoke English, they tried and had a member of the front desk to help me. The hotel is safe, secure and so comfortable. I was alone, but had no concerns here walking down the street to get food.
Early the next morning there were no taxi's around, so a member of the front desk drove me to the airport for a price cheaper than an actual taxi. It was an absolute win/win... Cheaper fare for me, and extra money for the staff member who was one of the nicest people you will meet.
The next time I go to Rio, for the Olympics, I'll be staying here without a doubt.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Mick O
WindsorGuanabara, Front Desk Office at Windsor Guanabara Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thanks for all your comments. The feedback is very important for us, helping to improve our service.