This hotel is the closest I've come to hell on earth. You might say I've lived a pampered life, but hear me out..... I travel for a living and have stayed in thousands of hotels all over the planet in my life - the Luxor Aeroporto is, bar none, the worst I've encountered. I stayed here for 3 days in November 2012. First off, the lobby actually looks OK....don't be fooled. As soon as you get to the corridors where the rooms are located you'll notice carpet that looks like it came from a junkyard and is stained to an absolutely disgusting level. Also in these corridors are the ever present white cinder block motif that just exude "institutional" character along with ghastly, flickering, fluorescent light.
Now to the room itself.....inside is a dirty tile floor with more white cinder blocks and more flickering fluorescent lights. The view behind the curtain (where a window would normally be) was of, *SURPRISE* more cinder blocks, but hey, at least someone painted them with a beach palm tree mural. The tiny 10" TV was un-watchable due to constant static that made incredibly loud and annoying sounds through the speakers. This occurred on all channels. Food options in the airport are limited and I was far too scared to try and eat anything from the kitchen at this dump. The beds were of the small single type with a concrete mattress and too-small sheets that constantly came undone and exposed you to the raw, stained, disgusting mattress and pillows. The bathroom is no better with plenty of black curly hair to make you feel right at home. Make sure your vaccinations are current. At least the hot water worked, I was surprised by that! And the smell....oh god the smell......it's an overpowering mildew/chemical smell that words can't do justice to; truly repugnant. Worst of all, the smell starts to permeate your suitcase and clothing after a few days. Frightening.
To summarize, please avoid this establishment at all costs. It is quite possibly one of the worst hotels on planet Earth. It's dingy, disgusting, smelly, horrific, dark, windowless, depressing, and terrible. I would give it 0 stars if I could. They should just tear the whole thing down and start over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Out hotel is located inside the terminal 1, on the 3rd floor of the Rio International airport. this is very conveniente hotel with 97 rooms, with private bathroom, minibar, flat screen TV with international channels, restaurante open daily from 6am to 11pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rio Aeroporto Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luxor Aeroporto Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Rio Aeroporto Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil