“housekeeping”

Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana
Ranked #53 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

i would like to compliment housekeeping of your hotel ! thea are very friendly and really take good care of the rooms ! it always smells good and is very tiny and organised ! I really really like all the beuatiful flowers in your hotel as well ! it 's very nice ! i would also like to make a compliment to sylvia ( head of housekeeping ) i think she is very professional and really takes good care of her job and her colleques !!!! keep it up

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Mrs. Anita,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Tulip Regente Copacabana, to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Your feedback is very important for us.
I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our service

There are newer reviews for Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana

Reviewed 22 June 2014

If you booked here, I think it's safe to say your primary consideration is the location. If that's the case, it's hard to beat. If you're not going to be spending that much time in the hotel, you'll be fine. I visited during the World Cup and the place was way too crowded. Check-in took ages, the only rooms they had available were street-facing (extremely noisy traffic with a dump truck that drove up and down the street making a horrendous noise about 4 times a day) and the batteries in my door lock expired one night so I hung around outside the room at 10 pm for about 20 minutes while the technician was called. Breakfast is great, with a wide variety of options, and the dining area is nice. The water in the showers is hot, the toilet pressure is weak and don't flush well. The standard rooms are teeny tiny, if you have more than one suitcase, you're probably not going to be able to turn around in your room. Nice touch of Globo chips and mate to welcome visitors during the World Cup. Staff are attentive but besides the receptionists, most do not speak or understand. Corridors and lobby always very busy and the housekeeping staff seem always to be rolling their trolleys up and down outside your door. In short, I would stay there for 1 or 2 nights max while you enjoy the beach...and then move on.

Room Tip: Insist on a quiet room. You'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Mr./Mrs,

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused and say it is only through honest answers from our guests that we can improve our service.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel features a great location on Copacabana Beach - just across the street from Point #5 #5. Cafes are across the street that line the beach. Walking distance to Ipanema. Check in was long, but to be fair I did arrive before official check in time. However, it took 30 minute just to be told that my room was not available. Bed was a bit hard which I have found to be very typical in Brazil. Hotel did provide currency exchange for American Dollars. The rate was not great (about 10% lower), but it was nice and convenient. I recommend upgrading to an ocean view room.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the ocean view rooms. Unlike hotels in the US, windows slide open to maximize the experi...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Mr. Jeff,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Tulip Regente Copacabana, to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Your feedback is very important for us,

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Really friendly staff, excellent housekeeping (Silvia and Tamara) Front desk (Rennie) and Bellboys (Lingares) more than eager to help. If I have to put a downside, the front bar drink prices were higher than 10yds across the street at the beach bar, However, was not a problem as I know which I preferred. Comfortable room, excellent view (Front facing room) Really good facilities including Beach towel, brolly and chairs all included F.O.C. (FOC = Free Of Charge) Also a good sauna and Gym on the top floor.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a stunning view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pete O
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Mr. Oakes,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our hotel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

If you're looking for a good place in Copacabana, maybe this could be a good hotel for you. Rooms are ok: good bed, nice shower, but you'll need to pay more if you want to open a windown and look at Copacabana Beach. I've noticed that this hotel is always crowded, and if you want to have a drink at the lobby's bar, you will pay a lot for it - you could have more fun if you cross the avenue and have a drink in one of the many availables " quiosques"

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Keka14

Dear Mrs. Keka,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

If not sure whether to stay at Ipanema or Copacabana when in Rio, why not stay in between? That's one of the best points of staying at the Golden Tulip Regente, just at the end of Copacabana, near the Forte and the Arpoador, and a short walk to Ipanema. The room is quite nice, and the service is good. The front desk staff speak perfect English. Breakfast is great. Overall, good value for money. They could, though, have an iron on the room or lend you one; all you can do is order ironing service, which can be a little expensive.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Murilo R
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Mr. Murilo,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

In this review i want to pay special attention to the Housekeeping manager Sylvia.
She did a great great job finding back my golden ring. Arriving back home I realised I left my ring in the safe deposit box in my room. I was devastated because this ring means more then a lot to me. I truly thought i would never see my ring back again. I phoned the hotel and the reception put me through with the manager of housekeeping Sylvia. She send Alcilane ( thank you too!!!), a lady of housekeeping, to my room and the ring was still in the safe!!!
Then Sylvia arranged everything to bring back my ring back to Amsterdam. Oh I was so happy when i had my ring back on my finger.
Dear Sylvia, many many thanks and when i'm back in Rio one day i will look for you to thank you personally.

Best Regards,

Frederique Dingemans

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Mr. Fred,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our room