“Very Honest”

Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana
Ranked #56 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Rio is always a great destination to go to. When you have a good experience, it makes even better. I have been for a weekend at Regente, it is renewed Hotel just across the beach, the rooms are pleasant, the breakfast is good and people at the Hotel all very pleasant, price for what they charge in Rio, also very honest. But I must point out a very special event, I have forgotten a substantial amount of cash on the safe and checked out. well the Housekeeper Vilma and her assitant Cristiane where kind enough to keep it for me. Honesty is not something they put on the stars of the hotel, but when you find it, this Hotel, definetely deserves an extra Star. The extra star is called Cristiane and Vilma

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jose193
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Mr. Jose,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our room
and staff.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel has a strategic localization between Copacabana and Ipanema beach (you can walk), has a excellent breakfast and the services offerd by Club Lounge are a diferentiator. It is in front of the beach, the rooms are clean.

Room Tip: stay at Club Lounge
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Greyce G
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Mrs. Greyce,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our service.

Guest Relation

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We came during the World Cup and the atmosphere was great.The location is perfect.It was right next to the Copacobana.The view is just amazing.The breakfast has everything but the hotel is nothing special.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Miro M
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mr. Miro,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Tulip Regente Copacabana, to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Your feedback is very important for us,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro for the first time during the World Cup. Needless to say that the whole ambiance in Rio was amazing. Staying in Golden Tulip was a perfect choice. The location: being in Copacabana and having access to the beach just crossing the street is priceless. The rooms were basic but spacious ( we had two twin beds) and the bathroom had a good shower and it was very comfortable.Modern, nice and clean. The only complain i have is that the matresses were a little bit hard but manageable after so many nights there. One of the best things was the buffet breakfast. Lots of choices, healthy tasty. After seeing other hotels in Rio where friends were staying I had a lot of appreciation for the hotel I was staying in. The staff was friendly but not overfriendly maybe because we were so many staying that I did not feel they pay too much attention.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Mrs. Claudine,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Tulip Regente Copacabana, to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Your feedback is very important for us. Thanks for your comments about our hotel.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Exactly in front of Copacabana beach, it's simply great for enjoying Rio de Janeiro to the fullest.
Easy access to entertainment and to the street fair at night.
Being there during the World Cup simply added extra fun.

Room Tip: If you prefer silent nights (unexpected if going to Rio), ask for a room on the back part of the hot...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Mr. Santos,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our hotel.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were always friendly and very helpful. They had an incredible volume of people during my stay but they still managed to be efficient and friendly. Flavio in particular was excellent. The rooms are a little basic but were always clean. The bar in the lobby and the bar in the pool were very nice (the views from the pool area are really nice). Good service and great places to watch the world cup. I think this hotel is an excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank 415eric216
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Mr. Eric,

and staff.

Guest Relation

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Because an picture is worth a thousand words, please judge yourself with the images I attach. I will only add a few remarks:

1) Rooms: Tiny, noisy, dirty and with terrible views. And mine was a superior room, I cannot imagine how the standard rooms will be.

2) Cleaning: It simply doesn't exist, they only change the towels of the toilet, arrange the bed a bit and that's it.

3) Laundry: don't ever dare to send anything to the laundry. When it worked, the clothes were like if they were never washed, and when it didn't work I simply got no clothes at all. Yes, they lost my clothes and I even got no money back because when you fill the laundry form you agree that if they loose your stuff they are not responsible.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank J4mesSmith
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Mr. Smith,

First of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay at Golden Tulip Regente.

We appreciate you brought to our attention the challenges you experienced and you can be certain that we will concentrate our efforts on service improvements. We hope to have this misunderstanding solved the best way possible.

I hope you choose GT Regente for your next stay in town.

Kind Regards,