“Location & Service makes up for everything else”
Review of Marina All Suites

Marina All Suites
Ranked #111 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Really friendly service, right on the beach and very spacious rooms. The staff were only too happy to arrange taxis, suggest restaurants and in the breakfast room they were very accommodating towards dietary needs. Great hotel for a family holiday. Safe area and nice restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: There is a bar next to the hotel, that can get rowdy on weekends, it did not bother us, but we heard...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank G4about
Marina A, Gerente de relações com clientes at Marina All Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Mr. Gabout,

We are extremely pleased by the lovely words used in your review, describing the myriad of qualities that our hotel presents. The Marina All Suites is located in the very best spot of the iconic neighborhood, with a multitude of incredible shops and restaurants by our doorstep.It will be a pleasure to see you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Marina All Suites in Leblon, Rio is a great place to stay in Rio. Located right on the beach with free beach umbrellas and chairs on the beach for hotel guests it's very easy to sit on he beach, drink beer and enjoy the crowds.
Leblon suited us, not a tourist trap like Copacabana, more Brazilian and very nice even though you need to speak more Portuguese.
Rooms are great, we have stayed twice, both times the suite had 3 rooms plus bath. Rooms on the west side enjoy views of the beach and also Christ the Redeemer.
We read some not so good reviews before we stayed there on the advice of a local and were not disappointed.
Added extras, mini bar, restaurant and bar on street.
Highly recommend walk to lots of things including the main restaurant district a few blocks back.

Room Tip: Ask for kitchenette room they are bigger.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank nigel_rhodes
Marina A, Gerente de relações com clientes at Marina All Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Mr. Nigel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Marina All Suites. Indeed we are perfectly located in trendy Leblon and a few minutes from the best restaurant. I am very glad to read about your wonderful stay with us. Please rest assured that I will forward your compliments to my team. We were truly pleased to welcome you and look forward to your next stay.

Best regards,

Guest Relations

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed at Marina All Suites for four nights. The room is quite large, with a TV room, a bathroom and the bedroom. The hotel is located just across the street from Leblon Beach. It's located near from great restaurants, theaters and nightlife. The room, sheets and towels were very clean. The soap and shampoo are L'Occitane. The only little issue was the curtain of my bedroom, which had a huge gap from the wall: every day at 7am my bedroom I woke up with the sunshine in my face (for me that wasn't a problem, because I went to the beach every morning).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Marina A, Gerente de relações com clientes at Marina All Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Mr. Daniel,

Marina All Suítes, in fact, located in the very best spot of the iconic neighborhood, with a multitude of incredible shops and restaurants by our doorstep. I am personally happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed this superb location, also a few steps from the beach.

It is also nice to know how much you have enjoyed your stay with the sheets and towels.

Kind regards,

Guest relations

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Very well located in Leblon, near restaurants and bars. The hotel itself doesn't look very nice. Luckily we were upgraded to one of the rooms with full ocean view. Room 1201. Even though we were on a high floor we could hear the traffic. The windows really need to be replaced. The AC makes a terrible noise so we had to turn it off to sleep. The room was huge and has an incredible view of Leblon and Ipanema. The bed was very comfortable. My only complaint was the noise.

Room Tip: 1201 very nice view but AC system makes a lot of noise and windows are of poor quality so you can he...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of the year on our first trip to Rio. The location in Leblon is perfect -- we felt completely safe at the beach and in the surrounding areas. There are great stores and restaurants walking distance and the beach, of course, is great. The service at the hotel was excellent and friendly with all front desk staff speaking near perfect English. Our room was great and the beds very comfortable. The only disappointment was the rooftop pool and spa. The pool was HOT and tiny and didn't feel very clean and the glass surrounding the pool was a bit dirty. No one was working up there so there were dirty dishes and empty bottles and we had to call a few times to get towels brought up. Also, there is one shower for the gym but it lacks a door so don't plan on taking off your suit to shower. We only used the pool and gym area because we had a late night flight back to the US and the hotel was nice enough to let us continue to use all of the amenities. Regardless of the pool/gym situation, at the end of the day, the beach is where you want to be so this wouldn't prevent me from staying here again. In fact, I would definitely come back to the Marina All Suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We spent 3 nights at Marina All Suits during our stay in Rio in December. Overall the hotel is good but there is definitely room for improvement.

The hotel is nicely located in Leblon overlooking the beach. Leblon is one of the safest and nicest areas in Rio, and especially if it's your first time there, this is the ideal location to move around and discover the city.

Our suit was spacious and overall comfortable, yet it felt a bit run down. The windows were not very clean, obfuscating the panoramic view and the shower head in the bathroom was rusty and old.

Breakfast was good, but we found that the service wasn't particularly friendly. The only time we wanted to have lunch at the hotel we were hurried out of the restaurant because a private event was taking place there.

Given the low standards in Rio I can see why this is considered a 4 star hotel, but if I compare Marina All Suits to many other 4 stars hotels around the world similarly priced, this is definitely inferior in quality.

Rio needs to step it up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My family and I stayed here for 5 nights in late November and had a great experience. We took the advice from Trip Advisor and got a room ending in 01. We stayed in 1401 to be exact, and it was a great room. For a family, the extra space was great! Location can't be beat. We walked everywhere from here, and even at night, felt completely safe. I can't imagine a better location. Rooms were clean, service was excellent, and I loved my stay here.

We ended our trip with 1 night at Copacabana Palace, and I loved Copacabana Palace, but Marina All-Suites location is enough to rival Copacabana Palace for where I'd want to stay next time. I'd probably split my time between the two just because I loved the safely of Leblon and walking everywhere.

This hotel should be top 5 in Rio. I can't figure out why it isn't.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family