Rio is an amazing place! We traveled to Rio from 03/29/12-04/09/12. It was a perfect amount of time to see alot!
Hotel - Clean and nice. Checking in we had a bit of an issue, they kept delaying the check in time. The front desk resolved the issue. Our room was clean and spacious. Housekeeping was excellent, leaving us a little treat everynight. The pool was on the roof, we only made it up there to take pictures of the beautiful views(the ocean was a much better option). The staff was friendly, and most spoke English. There was a huge language barrier in Rio for us, so we appreciated the hotel staff helping us with maps and suggestions on places to go. The bartender, Cleidiston Celeres, was THE BEST!!! He was so friendly, had a great personality, and really helped make our trip amazing. He made suggestions on maps, told us where to go, how to get there, and just overall is a great person. He is a HUGE asset to the Hotel Marina Palace.
Sugar Loaf Mountain...definitely a must-see! The views were incredible. We took the tram car to the top. It was great.
Christ the Redeemer - MUST DO! We took the cog train up the mountian to the statue, definitely a better option, rather than taking a cab. We took in some amazing views on the way up and down the mountain. The statue is breathtaking and something everyone should see in their lifetime. Absolutely beautiful.
Circo Voader - Foster the People were staying in our hotel, got to meet them. Went to their concert here. We enjoyed it.
Scuba Diving - Great!! We did our first ever dive here and came home to get certified. It took about 2 hours to get to the dive boat, but well worth the trip.
Botanical Gardens - Very interesting place. I recommend seeing if you have time.
We will definately make it back to Rio, and would stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the pleasure of staying in Rio de Janeiro's most charming neighborhood, right in front of Leblon Beach. Relax in cozy apartments and suites that are stylishly decorated and offer a breathtaking ocean view. Enjoy a menu of services designed to meet all your needs and savor exclusive cuisine. If there is anything else you need, we will be happy to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Marina Palace Hotel
- Marina Palace Rio De Janeiro