I arrived at this hotel at 2.15pm after a 18 hour journey, for what was meant to be a 2pm check in. I was told that my room was not ready but to have a seat in the roof terrace bar and my room would be ready in less that half an hour, and was assured someone would come and get me. After forty five minutes no one had arrived so i returned to reception. I was told my room was now ready but it was not the room that i had been told was being prepared for me. No one came to tell me the room was ready. The gentleman who i asked about my room was dismissive and did not apologise to me for my wait. Eventually I was able to get into my room. The rooms was fine but you cannot open the windows and you cannot regulate the air con, it is either on or off. The Wi Fi cost 100 real for three days and was spotty to say the least. I was helped by Carlos, who was the best of the desk staff and seemed to genuinely want to help. I asked for some shampoo on my second day, by my third day i was still waiting.The breakfast is good, but again it would be nice to open a window and let some air into the place. A word of warning there is a lot of traffic right outside the hotel and on different days its heading in different directions, one day from the left the next day from the right. So look both ways. At around 200 pounds per night you would probably expect more. Rio is not expensive to drink or eat out by London or New York standards,the taxi's are cheap, its only the hotels that cost the earth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the pleasure of staying in Rio de Janeiro's most charming neighborhood, right in front of Leblon Beach. Relax in cozy apartments and suites that are stylishly decorated and offer a breathtaking ocean view. Enjoy a menu of services designed to meet all your needs and savor exclusive cuisine. If there is anything else you need, we will be happy to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Marina Palace Hotel
- Marina Palace Rio De Janeiro