“Horrible”

Ranked #271 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
New York City, New York
“Horrible”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

PLEASE! If you are traveling from the states you should NOT consider this hotel ,They are totally in the dark about what good Costumer Service is "Actually I think the dont even understand that concept" Once I booked this Hotel there was no turning back...They made it impossible to move to another....Very shady I think,The almost feel like we have to be there..I had thee most horrible time 9 days of sheer hell the last 2 days i was able to check out and therefore had 2 good nights at least..Furniture is broken ..mold in bathrooms lamps that have rust on it...Creepy to think about it I am not used to those so third world conditions.In a nut shell HORRIFIC place to be.Staff needless to say rude and arrogant maybe the bag handlers were a bit more pleasant but really does that matter??They have no idea of what it is a Hotel in US if you pay top dollar is.Again I cant stress enough how bad thius place is.made my vacation sheer hell.The most rude and arrogant staff and all in there is old or broken or leaking you name it

Room Tip: A good room in this Hotel NO WAY I do have photos to share at a later day
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yvette M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rio
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed there for 7 days and had problems with the wifi everyday,after several complaints management lied saying they called maintenance, but they didn't and we lost days of work because of wifi
Hotel is not clean, loads of maintenance issues, noisy due to maintenance on our floor, breakfast food is cheap, bed linen is very warn out, old air conditioning.
Hotel has potential, with nice swimming pool at the top floor, nice location, but doesn't deserve the 4 stars at all, I would give it a 2 star rate, management is rubbish and staff doesn't seem to care.

Room Tip: Our bedroom was to the front with a balcony and view to the sea
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank guestRio

Travellers are raving about these Rio de Janeiro hotels

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have booked a room at this hotel for two international scholars that were visiting PUC-Rio university in Rio de Janeiro. The hotel has this policy of charging for the full stay in advance. The payment has been done at the moment of the check-in. However, I had to extend their stay for seven more days and they charged only one night. That's when the nightmare has started. One of the guys at the front desk, named Henry, started to threaten my guests with calling the security. They explained the guy that the payment has to be done by myself. I have tried to pay twice when picking up my guests. In both occasions the front desk was very very busy and I was asked to come later. However, my guests have their access to the romm blocked and Henry tated them badly. I called the hotel to explain the situation, but it seems that they have no manners there. Of course, the payment has been done but I will never send any visitors to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MM M
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 17 March 2013

The daily rate is more less 300 USD. What do you receive for this?

-The breakfast is somewhat what you can expect in an included meal, is a buffet no good no bad
-Cleaning is some sort good for a solitaire traveler IMPO not good for family or babies
- Internet is not always working
The TV is a shame; my grandma's TV is newer, without mention the intent to have a car stereo as sound system
-Pool and Jacuzzi seems no have maintenance since the Second World War II
-Front desk personnel is fine but the tall, skinny, hairless, serious face and more less 60 years man. This guy is a real pain in the [--] he always is in a bad mood, is so strict with "the rules" even the most insignificant ones. If you want to have some fun this is not the hotel for you. Also they are unorganized I and another 10 persons had to wait for our room almost 1hrs even when I made my booking one month after
-The beds, bath and furniture is not what you expect for the daily rate, a Super 8 motel has better facilities
- I have to say that it have an excellent location near Copacabana beach

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank J0NAZ
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We booked really late our first place in Rio and we found just this hotel available closed to the beach. We stayed there just 3 night (luckly)!
The rooms are old, the bathroom dirty and all over smell of urine...Terrible!
The breakfast is really nice with lots of fruits, juices and cakes.
The hotel has a nice terrace with a small swimming pool but you can enjoy from there the view of Copacabana and the location is perfect, closed to the beach!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoxaneGG
Blueys Beach
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This hotel has a great location in Copacabana but that is the only good thing about it! The staff are not helpful, ie they would not phone to make a reservation at a restaurant for us when the restaurant only spoke Portugese and we don't know a word. The rooms were tiny and unkempt, they charge for everything additional including the room safe, baggage storage, wifi, towels, water. They tried to charge us for minibar items which we had not touched, generally all bad! NEVER STAY HERE

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason W
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Great location,nowhere to park as expected.Wifi not working,unsightly view from room window at rear.Pool is small but then again it is a rooftop pool with limited space.And yes they did want to charge for everything as extra.Food ok nothing too choicefull.The safe deposit box was large enough for my fags which was a bonus.ps air con near window worked well....not..On the whole for the price we paid we were very satisfied.literally 2 minutes walk 50 yards over the road and paradise was waiting.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor with window facing christ hill,It was very quiet at night.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple