This was my first trip to Rio and the Orla Hotel definitely made it a good one! Booked the hotel on www.go-today.com and only cost me $539USD for 6 nights in a deluxe ocean view room. You'd be crazy not to use this site because the deals are unbeatable. They even arranged for a private car to pick us up at the airport with an English speaking guide to tell about the city on our way to the hotel!
I saw the other rooms in the hotel and they are as small as everyone says but those are the cheapest ones, the ocean front deluxe rooms are perfectly sized! The hotel sits at the end of Copacabana so your view includes the entire beach and Sugar Loaf. The staff was very friendly, knowledgeable (spoke good English), and trust worthy. Left money out all the time and never once was it taken. They have safes in the room for $2USD per day but I shouldn't have gotten it. The front desk has free towels and umbrellas for you to check out and the free daily breakfast is great with many options! The pool is basically the size of a jacuzzi but why would you go there when the beach is right across the street? (Oh and I found Impenema Beach to be far nicer than Copacabana, well worth the 5min walk. The front desk can also book you tours for all the popular stuff to do here.
I found the Hotel area, and Rio in general, is very safe. Those people that got mugged as mentioned in the review below were probably fools that walked around with their bling hanging out. Rio is just like any major city, stick to the main streets and stay out of the dark alleys...common sense! I was out almost every night till about 3am and never had any sort of trouble walking back to the hotel.
I would rather stay at a hotel near Impenema Beach next time only because the sand and water is much cleaner but the Orla has the best value overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orla Copacabana Hotel is just off famous Copacabana beach, a half-mile from Ipanema Beach and downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Highlights at include hotel-wide complimentary WiFi Internet access, a rooftop swimming pool, poolside bar, and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Orla Copacabana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Orla Copacabana
- Orla Copacabana Rio De Janeiro
- Orla Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil