We stayed 2 nights at the Best Western Augusto's Rio Copa hotel. We arrived before noon and requested adjoining rooms. We got these rooms on the 6th floor, although only one was ready when we arrived (about 11 AM). It was just a short while later that the other room was ready and the staff unlocked he adjoining door. One room was a standard room, while the other had a sitting area in it also.
There was a 4-digit combination safe in the room,, and a mini-fridge. The bathroom was acceptably clean, as was the room. The WiFi worked well for us. The breakfast was good. We were not bothered by noise from the street even though we were facing it.
The location was very good. It is near the tunnel from Copacabana beach to the Sugarloaf area. There are many buses that pass the hotel, and if we had stayed longer, we would have investigated and used them a lot. But our time was short, so we were using taxis. BTW, the taxis are now a lot safer than when we visited in 1998. They still do drive through red lights at night, as does just about all traffic (buses included), as this goes back to when you could be robbed if you stopped at a red light.
The staff was helpful, and as another reviewer pointed out, there is an HSBC a couple of blocks down the road to the beach which has multiple ATMs.
The staff held our bags in their storage room, since there was quite a bit of time between the check out time, and when we actually had to depart for the airport. We retrieved them with no problems.
We paid the flat rate fee of 80 Reals to go to the international airport upon departure. This eased our minds about traffic delays and any other unexpected glitches getting to the airport. But the cab had the meter going, and even though we were in a horrendous rush hour traffic jam (even our flight crew got delayed by it), the meter fare would have been about 65 Reals. Live and learn.
We would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel is located just two blocks away from the world famous Copacabana beach. We are the ideal choice for visitors wishing to stay near the major Rio de Janeiro attractions. The Rio Copa Hotel offers wonderfully decorated rooms, full Service Restaurant, swimming pool and meeting facilities. Enjoy one of the world's favorite tourist destinations at the Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio Copa Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Rio Copa Best Western
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil