We have just left the bed and breakfast O Veleiro because we had to continue our trip to Iguassu.
2 friends of mine, my girlfriend and myself stayed for 4 nights at O Veleiro.
I must say we had a wonderfull time.
Richard and Rob were also in for a little chat and helped us a lot with their tips.
It was our first visit to Rio and with their tips we woudn´t have had such a great time.
Also Patricia, the lady of the house did a splendid job with organizing our rooms and making an excellent breakfast. She even made home made jelly which zas absolutely delicious.
I would recommend this B&B to everyone who wants to visit Rio and loves to submerge along the locals.
Once again thank you very much Rob, Richard and Patricia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described by several guests as a "Hidden Gem in an Oasis of Green", O Veleiro was the first Bed & Breakfast to open it's doors in Rio de Janeiro! Our location, carefully chosen on 15,000 sq ft of land, in a safe residential area, is the only B&B within walking distance (30 min) of both the Christ Statue train and the Sugar Loaf Cable cars. Also just 7min from Copacabana and the beaches by taxi (can also be reached by public transport bus or metro). The surrounding area offers magnificent views and remnants of Atlantic Forest, while a variety of flora and fauna can be found and wild parrots, toucans and small monkeys visit us daily! We are also pleased to be able to offer our own "home grown" fruits (seasonally), Papayas, Mangoes, Guavas and Bananas in our hearty complimentary breakfast, served from 8-10am each morning. Besides a variety of fresh tropical fruits and homemade juices, Brazilian coffee, assortment of herbal and black teas, hot and cold chocolate, assorted cereals, cold cuts, cheeses, homemade preserves, jams and jellies, cakes and eggs cooked to order, depending on the day we offer waffles, tapioca, pastries, and other specialty items!Our spacious, 4 story, heritage style, family home Bed and Breakfast (Cama e Café or “Hospedagem Domiciliar” - the correct term used to describe this type of accommodation in Brazil), is located on a quiet, cobble stoned road about 1.5 km up a picturesque hillside, which opened the way for horse drawn carriages to the south zone of Rio de Janeiro from the Centro in the early 1830’s. We offer 3 ample, comfortable, private rooms and a friendly, low-key atmosphere. Fresh quality cotton linens and towels and daily house keeping are provided. Our En-suite rooms also offer flat screen LCD TVs with DVD player, a mini bar fridge, and individual air conditioning.Besides our guest rooms, the main areas of our home and gardens are open to our guests including 2 large “salas” – one inside the main house with a wide screen TV and international cable, sports and movie channels and another quieter “sala” near the pool - sometimes used for massage services provided by one of our local masseuses - we also have a small pool and an open bar area on the pool deck. We make sandwiches and mixed drinks – including the famous “caipirinha” – Brazil’s national drink, on request, complimenting the contents of our self-service mini bar fridges. Free hi-speed internet is available throughout the house and gardens and a guest computer is available for a small charge for those without their own internet device. We offer a wealth of helpful, personal knowledge in English, Spanish or Portuguese, to point you in the right direction, and assist you in organizing your stay within your time limitations to make sure you don’t miss any important sights. One of your hosts is also a registered guide with the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism and we offer private tours, walks and hikes around the city and into the nearby mountains for those guests interested. please inquire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your O Veleiro Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- o Veleiro Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- o Veleiro b&b
- O Veleiro Bed And Breakfast Rio De Janeiro, Brazil