Hotel San Marco Ipanema
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$129
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$106
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
US$171
US$309
US$252
MGallery
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$105
US$200
  • Breakfast included
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$97
Official Hotel
US$275
US$213
  • Pool
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
US$370
US$361
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The place has an excellent location, just two blocks from the beach, just in the middle of the 'Ipanema chaos', the rooms are very small (the toilet is inside the shower, I've never seem that before) but you would find all you need, they have a safebox and a minibar. the personal can speak english and they seem to be very kind. the breakfast was include and it was not very varied but it was good enough.
I think is a very good option, specially if you are looking for something no very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I just wend to Rio alone for the 1st week of april and reserved a Standard queen bedroom.
First: The room was basic, clean, comftortable bathroom, had a safe and a small refrigerator.
The AC is noisy but I was barely in the room and slept well considering how tired I was after spendign the day exploring the city.
Wifi is in lobby, Breakfast is basic but good enough.
The Location however is excellent!!!! it is the best area in ipanema, close to the beach, bars, and best shopping, there is a super market right next door so could buy a few necessities. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a 7th floor to avoid noise from street. Also the Standar room has a better bathroom than the economic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Well, this is a divided review. Forst of all, I've lived at San Marco several times during the last 10 years with great memories and although the prices have risen drastically - like with anything else in Rio - the standard of the rooms have not.
There's always a friendly staff and the location is wonderful, but that's it. My last stay during last years megaevent Rio+20 was a great disappointment. First of all the price was - due to greed and hotel politics - 4 times the normal (no I did not pay myself - but I care) - second the standard of the hotel is now outright bad. In need of thorough renovation. And with those prices I don't see why they don't just do it.
Unfortunately Rio has suffered from few available rooms for so many years that the hotel owners have grown too comfortable and just cashes in. it is a shame.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank RioUrbanExploration
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Wow, this area of Ipanema certainly is expensive.
I could complain about paying more than €100 for a room that was not perfectly clean.
But in fairness i chose the cheapest hotel in the area and they could probably still fill the hotel with those rates and even worse services.
All in all not a bad option, of the limited options!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rudy c
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I have never felt I paid so much for so little ! I paid almost US $130 for a "cell" in which the toilet is inside the shower ! Yes, THE TOILET IS INSIDE THE SHOWER ! I could never imagine that I would find such thing in Rio. This hotel classifies itself as "two stars" but I truly believe the Rio's tourism authority should not allow any star to this hotel. The room is ridiculously small and there is no closet ! I could barely open my luggage. Positive things are the password-coded safe and the location. In summary, this hotel is the result of the poor touristic infrastructure of Rio: no competition, high prices ! The other hotel right on the front, the Ipanema Mar Hotel, is way better but costs 3 times more. I am trying to imagine the DISASTROUS that will be lodging during the world cup and the Olympics.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo