“Great experience!!”
Review of Kaza Rio

Kaza Rio
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My stay in Kaza Rio was so nice!!Staffs are so great.Very friendly,helpful,kind, and gave me a lot of information.You can catch staff easily because there are enough staffs.
The rooms keep clean well everyday.Tere is mini bar so that you can buy cold juice&beer.I made a lot of friend in there.

Kaza Rio is near from station,but if you go beach it takes about 15min by metro.I stay in carnival season(it is important day to every Hotel&hostel ,so that I was tolled to send money thought bank.It is quite difficult for me...

But,expect these 2 points,everything is good!! I really recommend this hostel and want to stay again!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Rio was the first stop on my travels and I am so glad I had the opportunity to stay at kaza rio. The location is good because you are able to access everything easily with the metro station only a few minutes away. Staff were such an incredible help and answered any questions with perfect English! Stayed during carnaval and was shown an amazing time at the Bloco's with the staff and other hostel stayers. Lovely rooftop terrace for when you just fancy a relax, breakfast also served there and it was delicious - best I've had (and I've stayed in a few hostels) If/When I return to Rio I know where I'll be staying. Had such an amazing time, Thank You!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Located in a poor, dirty and dangerous part of Rio. Close to metro but train is 30 mins to beach and taxis are very expensive. Not a location for tourists. Horrible building shared with other flats, constant noise and smells, woken up every morning by building work and shouting at 7am. Staff refused to honor the deposit which was paid via website claiming its a fee not deposit which is not true. Hostels ridiculous policy is written in bad english and not enforcable. Hostel wanted me to pay for extra nights which I didnt stay at end of my trip! Threatend me with violence and when police were called they backed down. Avoid this place, bad location and too noisy to be a hostel. Staff are very arguementative and better is available elsewhere for cheaper. Huge misake of a hostel.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jamesy098
Paula R, Proprietário at Kaza Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

We are truly sorry for those guests that didn't have a good time with us, but as you can see in the other reviews that doesn't happen that often. We work hard to improve day by day, unfortunately some people think that they can abuse and be aggressive to women as you have been to all the girls that works here, that is inadmissible. You understood everything that you had to pay according to our policy and even so you payed less, we could call the police by your behavior but we didn't wanna make your trip a bad one. The location is not dangerous at all. Since we opened we didn't have one single case of a guest that had any kind of problem in the neighborhood. Estácio is a very traditional area, non touristic, specially for those who want to experience the city as it really is, beyond the traditional sights that you can reach easily by metro or bus. After all someone who thinks all that you think about us shouldn't stay for so many nights as you did. Regards

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent place, amazing people. Very near to the metro station, in a quiet neighborhood, few minutes away from Lapa. Very clean and comfortable... definitely a place I will recommend to everyone going to Rio. Thanks for such a great time!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We had a grand time at Kaza Rio and would suggest it to anyone and everyone! The hostel was clean, location close to a subway which took us into the touristy area, warm showers, and the hostel staff were fantastic! There for questions, always helpful, and spoke English very well. They showed us a fantastic time with a BBQ on their cute little terrace, movie night, showed us around Lapa, and in return we showed them some American drinking games! It was a blast. I will definitely be staying at Kaza Rio next time I come. Promise :)

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I spent new years eve at Kaza Rio and loved every single thing about it! Warm welcomed by nice staff, well decorated and small details such as they made a special dinner for new years, bought us metro tickets and a Free BBQ on the first! I would definitely will come back!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hostel is located in non touristic part of Rio, quite hard to find... But it is really close from the metro station which will take you to the city center in 5 minutes and there is a bus stop at 10 meters.

It is really clean, new and there is dorm with air condinioning, the staff is quite friendly.

It is really cheap for Rio
- There is a nice bar and a terrasse on the roof... but it closes at 10pm.
- There is no night Staff who can for example call for a Taxi
- There is quite a lot of noise from the street
- Breakfast is not included (if you pay less than 40)

I had a big problem with bedbugs... They were really embarassed and they refunded me for a night.

Room Tip: In summer, rooms with AC are only 5 Rls more expensive.