Windsor Copa Hotel
Novotel RJ Santos Dumont(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$84
Novotel
  • Restaurant
US$248
  • Breakfast included
Transamerica Prime Barra(Rio de Janeiro)
US$58
  • Breakfast included
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$110
  • Breakfast included
Windsor Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$126
  • Pool
Orla Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Atlantis Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$114
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)
US$254
US$143
1,109 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooms are smallfood for breakfastnice hotelwill stay there againmini fridgefamous beachfelt safebed was comfortablehotel is locatedreception deskexplore riothe hotel offershotel roomspoke englishperfect staystayed here for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

In this hotel, we were particularly surprised by the service of the front desk staff. They were happy to arrange tours and book airport transfers and were very helpful when needing an information.
The rooms very clean and comfortable but not very big.
The hotel is ideally located close to the beach and a subway station.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Mrs Sara,

In the name of all our staff I would like to express our gratitude for your comments at Trip Advisor.The most important for the staff and management is your satisfaction. We are really glad to hear that our front desk helped you to arrange tours, providing you with an unforgettable experience!
I will be informing our staff of your positive observations to motivate them even further.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Warm Regards from Rio!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We spent 4 nights in Rio. The location of the Windsor Copa was very good for the value. It was one block from the beach and restaurants as well as 3 blocks from a supermarket and 2 blocks from the Metro. The bellmen were extremely helpful as was Leonardo at reception. All the staff from the waiters at breakfast, the bellmen, and reception staff were very attentive and professional. There were 2 staff who spoke English which was helpful for transportation issues.
Some of the rooms appeared small but we had a corner room which was larger and overlooked the street. No street noise. Room was comfortable and had both 110 and 220 volt outlets. Bed was comfortable.
Breakfast buffet was plentiful with interesting juices including various shakes. They offered excellent selection of fresh fruits as well as waffles and toasted cheese sandwiches.
There was lots of granite throughout the hotel. Hallways, rooms, bathroom all had granite floors, and counter. Shower was excellent with great water pressure.
Overall a good value and Location.
Although the Hotel had free WIFI, it lacked a business center (computer) to use. Rooms were somewhat noisy at times.
A problem occurred on our departure with the airport shuttle. We were originally scheduled for a 1915 shuttle but changed it to 1615. At 1545 we were informed the shuttle would not arrive due to mechanical problem (not the hotel's fault) . The staff said there were no vacancies on the next 2 shuttles so we left for the public bus. A bellman came after us to inform us that we got on the 1715 shuttle which arrived at 1730 with 6 empty seats after we got on. Not sure if the shuttle service was not correct or the staff was incorrect.

Room Tip: Room 504 Larger room with king bed facing the Street. Corner rooms seem to be bigger. Avoid rooms near the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

thank you so much for your superb review about your recent stay with us at Windsor Copa Hotel.

We are thrilled to hear how much you have enjoyed our great level of services, as much as you have enjoyed our prime location. We are indeed located in the very centre of Copacabana, just a few steps from the beach!

Also, I would like to thank you for your lovely comment about all staff. We will be informing all of them of your positive observations to motivate them even further!
We all look forward to welcome you again on your next visit to Rio.

Sincerely Grateful,

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We just spent 3 night at the Windsor Copa. It was great. The lobby and coridors were bright and cheery. The room was super clean and good size. The bed was large (King Size) and comfortable. The shower was amazing. It included a huge breakfast. The staff was super friendly and spoke English. We were one block from the beach Directly behind the Copacabana Palace ant over 3 times the rate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Bob S.,

thank you for your recent review, on Trip Advisor. Your comments are really important to us.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Windsor Copa Hotel. Our staff thrives to make each guest's stay memorable and exceed their expectations. I will share your comments with our team and celebrate another satisfied guest !
I hope you do have the opportunity to visit us again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I guess Rio is a pretty pricey place to stay. This hotel has really small compact rooms - the door hits the end of the bed when you walk in the room - and everything is pretty basic. No iron which is pretty annoying when you have to go to business meetings in crumpled clothes.The breakfast is pretty good and the breakfast waiting staff are friendly. You can open the small window.
Close to the beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for the time dedicated to this evaluation.
Unfortunately, our rooms were not up to your expectations and for now all I can do is to promise to take your words in consideration for future improvements.
On the other hand, it was really good to know that you enjoyed our location, breakfast and our friendly staff.
I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you in Windsor Copa Hotel in the near future.
Mona Samir.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed at this property for two weeks on business in October 2013, and was pleasantly surprised.
As already mentioned by other reviewers, the decor is nothing to write home about, but overall, the room was very nice. I had no complaints whatsoever about cleanliness, the water pressure in the shower really was fantastic, and staff were always friendly and helpful.
There is a small gym with good-quality, relatively new equipment, that I was usually alone in when I worked out in the morning.
Breakfast is great - everything's fresh, and the selection of fresh fruit and fruit juices was amazing. Makes you realize just how awful those 'free' breakfasts in some American hotels are.
I had dinner a couple of times at the restaurant. It's just as over-priced as all the other restaurants in Copacabana, but service is impeccable, and the food's pretty good, so it's a pretty good alternative as far as I was concerned. Avoid the Trattoria around the corner, which is equally expensive and totally not worth it!
Wireless internet is free and not too slow - I was able to use Facetime to talk to my husband without experiencing too many freezes, although a separate attempt at Skype didn't go so well.
On the downside (and I have to mention that they put me in an accessible room, so a regular one may look a bit different), the wardrobe was one of the most badly designed I've ever seen (see picture) - I couldn't actually figure out where to put my clothes without just piling them all up in a heap. I also wasn't crazy about the hairdryer, which was one of those mounted-on-the-wall-and-keep-your-thumb-on-the-button affairs that drive me nuts.
A couple of notes on the room:
- the hotel provides bars of soap, shower caps, shampoo and conditioner, but no lotion
- for whichever reason, voltage in the bathroom is 220, but 110 in the rest of the room
- power outlets come in American and what looks like German standard, so no need to bring an adapter
Regarding the location, I felt like the hotel is at the wrong end of Copacabana. As a single, female traveler, I avoided going out at dark. As you head towards the Ipanema end of Copacabana, you do feel that you're moving up market and there are more people about. Having said that, you're on the same block as the Copacabana Palace Hotel, so maybe some of the glamor will rub off :-).

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back, not the street, are quieter. If you like having the window open, go for a room that's higher up.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank miss_vicky_08560

Dear Miss Vicky,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Copa on your recent trip to Rio and also for taking your time to help us through your comments. I'm sure that they will be of great value to other tripadvisor travelers.
We are also very glad that you have enjoyed the various aspects of our hotel, such as the varied breakfast with a large selection of fruits, juices and breads; our location and service.
If you have any suggestions to improve our services it will be a pleasure to hear from you again.
We appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back in Rio soon.
Mona Samir.