1,138 results
All reviews great location nice hotel hotel is located felt safe stayed here for nights buffet breakfast sugarloaf mountain christ the redeemer block rio windsor copa ipanema brazil portuguese
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We stayed at Windsor Copa during Carnaval. This was a very nice hotel, and we felt safe. Very close to the beach and easy to get to even at night. We were told how unsafe Rio De Janeiro was, and my fiance and I agreed that as long as you are not being dumb and aware of your surroundings, it was not a bad place at all. We luckily have an exchange family that we were with, and so any Portuguese spoken was done by them. The hotel even decorated for the festival!! They also contract out to a travel place for buses to the event and bring you back. I would definitely recommend staying here for Carnaval!

Our room was a little small compared to what we are used to, but we are American. Everything is bigger in America..

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Alisha H
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Mrs. Alisha H,

We are very honoured by your review.

Thank you so much for the compliments to our staff and for recommending our services to other travellers.
We hope to welcome you back soon, to enjoy a little more of our prime location and services.

Warm Regards from Rio!

Sincerely Grateful,

Mona Samir

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay very much.
Location is very good.Close to the beach and close to restaurants and stores.
Staff speak good English ,rooms are nice and clean.One thing was missing -no kettle in the room, though they did bring us boiling water.
Breakfast was also very good
I would come back to the hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank rachel_h_sh
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear guest rachel_h_sh,

Thank you very much for your preference while choosing Windsor Copa!

Thank you also for your compliments regarding our delicious breakfast, with a large variety of fresh seasonal fruits and juices. I am glad you have enjoyed our location, in the very heart Copacabana, 1 block from the beach and from the great restaurants and stores of the area, as much as you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.

We all hope to welcome you back at Windsor Copa soon.

My kindest regards, Mona Samir

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Not sure on price as this is booked for me.
Rooms are basic but clean and have everything you need.
Staff are helpful and friendly.
Hotel location is excellent. Just one street back from copacabana beach.
We ate much there the other day and it was excellent.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Bigpaulgla

Dear guest Bigpaulgla,

Thank you very much for your preference while choosing Windsor Copa!
I am glad you have enjoyed our location, in the very heart Copacabana , 1 block from the beach and from the great restaurants and stores of the area, as much as you enjoyed the service provided by our staff.

We appreciate your comments and we hope to welcome you back in Rio soon.

All the very best, Mona Samir

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I stayed in the hotel for one night. It was worth it. Like any other place, it has pluses and minuses, and a lot depends on each of our preferences.

I did not like the heavy air conditioning in the breakfast room, but I'm sure that pretty much everyone liked it. However, the food for breakfast was nice and varied.

The service is standard. The consistency of service delivery may not exactly meet the standards from every other country, but that did not spoil my stay - this is just a word of warning if you expect the same standards applied to Brazil if you visit from another country. Relax and expect that things are sometimes loosely defined and non-committal, yet they will still get done one way or another. All it takes is talking to people, showing respect, and a smile.

Room was very nice. Shame there was no bathtub, but, hey ho, Copacabana beach was a stone throw away.

Just be careful when you venture outside - there are plenty of thieves (but none that I noticed in the hotel).

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank petesmile
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear Mr. petesmile,

We are really proud that your overall impression was excellent.
Thank you for your choice to use our services, and in order to achieve this aim, it is always important to know your opinion on it. We will be informing all the staff about your positive observations to motivate them even further.

We hope to welcome you again soon!

Warm regards from Rio,

Mona Samir

Reviewed 11 January 2018

The fancier hotels are round the corner from this one, quite close to the beach, the room was comfortable and clean, I don't remember what floor I was on but I was quite high up, the views were brilliant and I don't recall ever seeing traffic jams like it, staff were polite and courteous.

Room tip: The higher up, the better.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CatchBooker
MonaSamir, Gerente geral at Windsor Copa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Guest catchBooker,
We would like to thank you for choosing and recommending the Windsor Copa Hotel.
We are really glad to know that our services were up to your expectations and we look forward to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Sincerely,Mona Samir