“great location and great value”

Ibis Copacabana Posto 2
Ranked #61 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
glasgow
“great location and great value”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had read that the rooms were incredibly small, but we found that it was a decent size for a value chain hotel. The location was fantastic (2 minutes from Copacabana beach and 2 minutes from a metro station), the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the free wifi was particularly useful.

Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank n b

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed 24 May 2014

From the second I walked in, the guy on reception was brilliant. Spoke perfect English (which was very welcome after struggling in Iguassu) and couldn't have been any friendlier or helpful. The room was excellent, clean, aircon, flatscreen TV with connections underneath for HDMI or standard inputs so you could plug devices into into it and free wifi.

Location was great too, just a couple of blocks from Copacabana beach. Felt very safe in the area too walking about. They also were able to provide a power adapter as although I had taken the dual cylindrical pin adapter for my UK plug these didn't work here (or Iguassu) as the base was too big and needs the small hexagonal head.

Restaurant was also very good and again the waiters etc couldn't have been more friendly.

I only wish every Ibis was like this!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Rio de Janeiro Copacabana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 7days and were really satisfied. The staff was very helpful, spoke good English (at least one in each shift) and was very nice. The place was clean and everything worked perfect. The hotel is about 5-10mins walk from the Copacabana beach, the area felt very safe. This is in contrast to the city center (with high office buildings “New York style”) – I advice everybody NOT TO GO THERE over the WEEKEND. The place looks like from the I Legend movie – deserted and dangerous. We were robbed there with my mom. However, it is save to go there over the week in normal working time (which we did before the robbery and felt safe, surrounded by crowds of people)…

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Iva P
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Iva,

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

It's an Ibis like any other. A short walk from Copacabana, the main shopping street and the excellent Metro. Great option as long as you get a good deal on the price. Service is a bit hit or miss, and check in can take a while, but that's about average for an Ibis.

2 Thank Qayser H
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I just returned from a week in Copacabana, from May 4 - 11, 2014. I was there on business.
The hotel is very basic, but I mean that in a good way. It was clean, and the restaurant provided an adequate breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful. In that location, and at that price, I don't know how you could do better. I looked at a few other hotels and they were either much more expensive, or were not as well-kept.
If you really want to stay in Copacabana at a reasonable price, this is probably your best option.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MGP1965
Singapore
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Initially I chose Sheraton but moved to Ibis because the former was quite far from the main beaches of Copocabana or Ipanema. I am glad I did because Ibis Copacabana is unsurpassed in terms of location. It is in Copacabana and just two blocks from the beach (less than 5 minutes' walk) and 1 block from the subway station. There are countless shops and restaurants around, so shopping and food are easily accessible. Staying near the subway, in my opinion, is important in Rio because it allows you to get to just about anywhere in Rio.

Service is excellent in the hotel. Everyone from the check-in counter staff to the restaurant staff were exemplary - being very friendly, courteous, attentive and ready to assist in any way. I must highlight one staff Cynthia who helped to arrange tours for me; she was very kind and gave me lots of advice on where to go in Rio.

The rooms were very well maintained and comfortable. Toilets were also spacious and clean. Wifi in the room was available and reliable.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

4 Thank hotspot1
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Guest: