“Extortionate but nice”

Ibis Copacabana Posto 2
Ranked #67 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A classic ibis. We travelled two weeks before the World Cup so that explains why the prices were so high - they were high everywhere but we thought at least we knew what we were getting with an ibis. It's exactly what you expect: standard good clean rooms and average breakfasts. Felt very safe, too

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Augustuscalv

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Great price for the location, the breakfast was adequate, however I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to use Ibis again. Check in took around 15 minutes, check out about 5 minutes and left luggage collection took around 20 minutes. Poor advice from check out staff caused me to miss my flight home and consequently I'm stuck in Rio 2 days later while waiting for a reschedule from my airline (an 8pm flight means leaving for the airport well before the 6pm time I was told would be fine, especially on a Friday). Other poor advice from check in staff was ATM machine locations for European card holder (4 digit pins). I was sent to the nearby subway station when I requested a nearby ATM machine (after midnight) and when I arrived there it was closed. These are basic things that any good hotel's staff should know, but not knowing these things and also outwardly giving the appearance of not being too interested in attentive service, forces me to downgrade the hotel. This hotel wasted a lot of my time and is possibly going to cost me a lot of money in flight changes purely for providing poor advice, therefore I could never recommend it to people especially spending their first time in the city. I didn't find the bed to be particularly comfortable either.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Jiglo
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had read that the rooms were incredibly small, but we found that it was a decent size for a value chain hotel. The location was fantastic (2 minutes from Copacabana beach and 2 minutes from a metro station), the staff were very helpful and friendly, and the free wifi was particularly useful.

Definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank n b
Reviewed 24 May 2014

From the second I walked in, the guy on reception was brilliant. Spoke perfect English (which was very welcome after struggling in Iguassu) and couldn't have been any friendlier or helpful. The room was excellent, clean, aircon, flatscreen TV with connections underneath for HDMI or standard inputs so you could plug devices into into it and free wifi.

Location was great too, just a couple of blocks from Copacabana beach. Felt very safe in the area too walking about. They also were able to provide a power adapter as although I had taken the dual cylindrical pin adapter for my UK plug these didn't work here (or Iguassu) as the base was too big and needs the small hexagonal head.

Restaurant was also very good and again the waiters etc couldn't have been more friendly.

I only wish every Ibis was like this!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Rio de Janeiro Copacabana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Milene

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 7days and were really satisfied. The staff was very helpful, spoke good English (at least one in each shift) and was very nice. The place was clean and everything worked perfect. The hotel is about 5-10mins walk from the Copacabana beach, the area felt very safe. This is in contrast to the city center (with high office buildings “New York style”) – I advice everybody NOT TO GO THERE over the WEEKEND. The place looks like from the I Legend movie – deserted and dangerous. We were robbed there with my mom. However, it is save to go there over the week in normal working time (which we did before the robbery and felt safe, surrounded by crowds of people)…

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Iva P
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Iva,

Milene

Reviewed 16 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Jeroen B
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

It's an Ibis like any other. A short walk from Copacabana, the main shopping street and the excellent Metro. Great option as long as you get a good deal on the price. Service is a bit hit or miss, and check in can take a while, but that's about average for an Ibis.

2  Thank Qayser H