“Great view!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lagoon

Lagoon
Ranked #185 of 13,608 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Japanese, Brazilian, Mediterranean, European, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great view!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The area is very interesting full of restaurants. We prefered to eat in the deck which had a delicious watermelon caipirinha!
We had Japanese and Italian food. You can choose from 4 different menus.
The view is amazing not only during the day but also at night.
It really worth a visit!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GilmB

Rio de Janeiro
“Beware you need to tip what they want you to or you'll be chased down!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I believe the best feature is the view. The food is ok and it's a little bit pricey. But the balcon area makes it worth it with a spectacular view from the lagoon (plus you can order from any of the 4 restaurants).
The service is ok also, but last time I was there (to have lunch with some friends) I had the worst experience I have ever had. When they bring the check, the service fee (tip aka it is not mandatory) is of 12%, while the common practice in Rio and Brazil is of 10%. Since the service was only ok, we decided to leave just 10% worth of tip. My friends and I left, everything was ok. While I was paying for the parking downstairs, the waiter came and asked me for the other 2% (R$5,00). I felt so coerced then all I could do was open my wallet and start gathering all the coins/bills I had. Never again I'll return. They lost a regular costumer over less than 3 dollars.

• Visited August 2013
Lethbridge, Canada
“Hit the patio and experience all the restaurants at the lagoon”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

we went and saw all the restaurants at Lagoon. We went to the second floor and decided to sit outside and enjoy the view. We are happy to find that you can order from any one of the restaurants in Lagoon. We were a party of 4 so we all got what we wanted from the different restaurants. The service was excellent. Highly recommend the experience and the food here.

• Visited September 2013
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“Delicious Food/View”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I had the Ceviche, which was delicious and a little bit of steak which was even better. The views of Lagoa make this place worth the price

Visited June 2013
“A must see in Rio”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Lagoon is a complex formed by movie theaters, bar and restaurants with a wonderful view of Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas. At the restaurants on the second floor, you have choices for all tastes: Gula Gula (salads), Doce Delicia (international dishes) and Giuseppe Mare (sea food dishes). They are traditional and good restaurants in Rio. The last one is more expensive. On the first floor you have a bar with snacks and caipirinhas and the movie theaters. Wheater you are a local or a tourist, you must go there.

• Visited January 2013