“interesting Brasilien specialities”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I asked for meat because I know in Brazil many dishes include beef meat. I was not disappointed. The meat was tender, the atmosphere friendly and the service quite good.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This is the location along Avenida Atlantica, in Copacabana. It is a world apart from the Garota de Ipanema, located in Ipanema. Service here is basically non-existent. The food is mediocre at best, but service this bad is not something I have ever encountered in Rio in the 9 years I have lived here. Waiting tables at the better restaurants in Rio is a profession, often handed down from father to son. Waiters typically take pride in their work, recognize repeat customers, and do their best to provide a positive dining experience. It was so bad at this place my wife and I grew tired of waiting, then standing at our table, waving for a waiter to come outside to take our order. We had to go inside the restaurant, find a waiter, and place our order. Once the order finally did arrive, it was incomplete and we had to actually go into the kitchen (yuk) to find the waiter and straighten it out. Then, come time to pay, that took the same approach. I found the manager, and told him he needed to find a new profession, running a lousy restaurant was not going to be his path to success. I live two blocks from this place, and so wanted to have the same service and quality as the original location in Ipanema, but it was not to be. We gave this place three tries, all were strikes and, as they say, three strikes and OUTTA HERE!!! There are far, far better restaurants along Atlantica.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stumbled into this restaurant after a long day of exploring Ipanema and didn't realize we were at this famous landmark! The food was great and the people watching was amazing.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

If your after tradional brazilian type food that doesnt cost the earth this is the place to go! I ate here 5 times during my stay and each time i wasnt dissapointed. A word of advise though is make sure to explain how you like your steak cooked as they dont ask! Saying that the meals were never over cooked and always delicious. Seating is perfectly placed over the road from copacabana beach too so perfect views. Recommended for large groups or for couples.

Reviewed 10 February 2013

We had a party of nine and were looking for a restaurant on the beach for New Year's Eve in Rio. Most of the hotels were super expensive and didn't look all that great to us. Garota de Copacabana was more reasonable and we liked sitting outside just across the road from the beach. The food was fine, the booze kept flowing, and of course we all headed to the beach for fireworks at midnight. Afterwards we went back for coffee and dessert, and they finally kicked us out around 2am. The waiters were super friendly and we all had a great time.