“Want good meat: go somewhere else”

Galli Galeto & Grill
Ranked #370 of 14,535 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barra da Tijuca
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

This is a place where they may tell you they know about meat:
They don't know how to cook it, they would respect how you want your meat done on a purely random base. The ones that want well done get it uncooked, the ones that want that want it rare, get it carbon style.

They happens also to invert your side dishes, everything on the table and you'll have to find back in the other guests plates what you wanted.

My recommendation: avoid this place.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 7 February 2016

One place to jump in when it's hot. Waiters need to be trained, a lot of impatience. Food fair and in correct quantities.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 17 August 2015

My husband and I had been out driving around one day and needed a place to eat. He pulled in and we randomly went in. The food is pricey for the area, but for travelers from the United States it's really reasonable.

We ordered the potatoes with cheese and bacon for an appetizer. It's actually fries and not a baked potato. It was delicious. It was also a huge serving. I almost didn't want to eat my lunch when it came.

My main course was the chicken and shrimp fettuccine alfredo. I couldn't finish all of it because of the appetizer, but I desperately wanted to.

My husband had the filet mignon with vegetables and he enjoyed it immensely.

The restaurant is pretty open and the wait staff is very friendly. As we were getting ready to leave, I saw someone's order of shrimp risotto and I almost sat back down and ordered another meal. I am very much looking forward to going back!

Date of visit: August 2015
TripResponde, Gerente de relações públicas at Galli Galeto & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

Hi lyndsy922, It was a pleasure to receive you. We're waiting for your next visit.

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

Ahead of the time. One of the few places in Rio well prepared to receive you and your family pet. The attention is so special and kind... And the food is... I gave no words... Must go!

Date of visit: June 2015
1  Thank MarcoG775
TripResponde, Gerente de relações públicas at Galli Galeto & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Hi Marco! It was a plazer receive you. We'll be waiting for your next visit!

Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

I went to this restaurant twice with my host. Both time we ordered a whole Galeto and a Salat. The amount is perfect for two people. The restaurant is nicely done up in a modern way. Only point of criticism is the price... it's not the cheapest way to get a chicken - but in my opinion worth the money.

TripResponde, Gerente de relações públicas at Galli Galeto & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2015

Hi Lennyaroundtheworld. It was a pleasure to have you in our restaurant. And we're very happy that you are satisfied. We're waiting for your next visit.