“Big small netherland in big rio”
Review of Hollandaise

Hollandaise
Ranked #102 of 13,958 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Having been around for a few days in Rio for business I really had enough from meat and wanted to pause for a day. Being in the Barra area there7are not soo many places that sound interesting. So we gave the hollandaise a try and it was worth doing so.

We sat as they call it outside outside which is the open terass (there is also one with a roof). Really nice atmosphere and for smokers also allowed to join their hobby.

Nice selection of beer but we decided Caipirinha.... they offer 5 variants, your decision but all made with passion. Recommended! So we did not go back to beer this evening....

As starters we took the french/ Netherlands fries, really good with two different sauces and also the crispy calamares, also very good.

Afterwards catfish and pizza, all really made with time and passion, convincing.

Prices are fair, so with a few Caipirinha s we had less than300 reals or approx 100 euro for two.

6If you are in Barra area of Rio, definitely a good choice! Maybe we meet there..... The beach is really nice and not crowded at all!!

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Very nice place right in front of Barra da Tijuca beach. The service is good, good value for money. I had already tried pizza, soup, steak and risotto. Everything was pretty good. But the best for me is the Hollandaise French Fries. Delicious. With garlic, bacon and two delicious sauces. Don't go to hollandaise without try these french fries.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My service was excellent and the beer selection too. They have great pizza here with a pizza oven and hand tossed thin crust - a lot of options. Also a decent wine list. The best olive oil ever served with your meal. I typically would not have put olive oil on my pizza yet this was a real compliment to the pizza. I liked and will be back.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

My family were here for a meal in July 2013. Good service. Apetizer: Cerviche, a little salty but the accompanying bread was great! Mains: Shrimp and Moqueca risottos of excelent quality. My son had a classic burger with fries which was also very good. Deserts Mil Folhas and Brownie, excelent also. Highly recomendable! The portions could be a little bigger but maybe that's just glutony!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We arrived late on Saturday night (9:30 pm) at the Brisa Barra Hotel next door, hungry, and asked for suggestions for seafood. They suggested another place down the avenue, but Hollandaise had more clients and we came back. It turned out right for us! It was not the best lamb I've ever had, but certainly up there, very close to it! As for the dessert, I'll pass on the creme brulee next time: it was huge, but the taste left a lot to be desired. Service was pretty good, but the free internet had only a weak, intermittent signal at the veranda.