Overall it is a good hotel, with all the Ibis characteristic but unfortunately was spoilt by poor service.
- Good location
- Plentiful breakfast at 16 Real but not as appetising as it could have been
- I tried to book a cab to the airport which was recommended to me. The taxi firm did not speak English. I asked Clarissa, at reception, if she could help call on my behalf and she refused to help me.
I was quite appalled by her attitude and that has spoilt my experience at Ibis. Being an experienced traveller, I have visited many hotels and not once have i encountered a refusal to help.
- No tourist maps kept at reception
- Generally unfriendly staff but the security chaps did manage to squeeze a smile out for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mr Basilio EDSON, the manager of the ibis Rio de Janeiro Botafogo hotel, would like to welcome you.The Hotel ibis Rio de Janeiro Botafogo is located close to the Botafogo metro station and 4.3 miles (7 km) from Santos Dumont Airport and the city center. The hotel has 270 apartments with air conditioning and minibar, as well as offering free WIFI. Paying car park, a restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, in addition to a 24-hour bar. The Hotel ibis Rio de Janeiro Botafogo is a strictly non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., ACCOR and Cancelon so you can book your Ibis Rio de Janeiro Botafogo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Rio De Janeiro Botafogo Hotel Brazil