“Good location close to Copacabna beach”

Augusto's Copacabana Hotel
Ranked #61 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This is a well located hotel at 5mn by walk from Copacabana beach.
Not luxury for sure but good enough for a family or couple stay during
vacation. Rooms are not very large and modern but beds are acceptable.
Staff at the lobby was very helpful. Breakfast was ok. The negative point is
Internet by wifi which is chargeable unless you spend 28 reals at the bar or
restaurant. With a couple of caipirinhas and a pack of peanuts you will reach
the threshold..
There is a very small roof pool from which you can even see a little part of
the beach closeby.
It is a city hotel hence don’t be surprised by streets noise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurent P

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Augostos for two weeks under the World Cup. The hotel is very sentral to almost everything in Rio, and we could easily walk to the Copacabana beach(approx 5-10mins).Metro was close to the hotel. The service under the stay was good, though we had to wait a while to check in(got free wifi whole stay for this). The price for the stay was the biggest setback for the stay(price high due to world cup). Think the price was as for a 5 star luxury hotel, and this 4 star hotel was far from luxury. It has most of what you need,(fx a roof top with jacuzzi and a small cold swimmingpool)but it desperately needs an update. .Room was very simple, and has an old noisy Aircondition our room lied next to a building under construction, and it was much noise. The hotel had an old and small elevator which didn’t always work. But when it didn’t function we could use the elevator for the staff. The hotel had sentral good sightseeing suggestions(we took a boattrip to Ilha Grande that I could rekommandert, but think brazilian time when planting this, lasts several hours longer than information says).We also booked a guided tour via the hotel to Sugarloaf and the Christus-statue that I can recommend(think brazilian time once more when planning).The hotel and neighborhood felt safe and secure.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Daniel A
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean and the rooms are extremely spacious. Unfortunately, you have to pay for wifi which is a little disappointing when the rooms are so expensive. Breakfast was average but there wasn't a great variety of food. I was mugged the night before I was due to checkout and despite not being particularly helpful before, the staff was helpful after the incident and arranged for me to stay another night, despite being very busy during the World Cup.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel during World Cup/beginning of July. This hotel is a bit further away from the beach than we would have liked. In terms of the hotel itself, it was beautiful. The rooms were well decorated and the hotel had a great overall look. It was the most expensive hotel we had in Brazil. The night shift agents were great, including the overnight agents. However, the daytime (7-3) agents had left much to be desired. When trying to ask a question, I was completed ignored by the woman, who continued to speak to her co-worker. I had a stopped up toilet on the first day, and I went to report it. After over an hour, nothing had been done. I had to go to the front desk again, and again was treated the exact same way. I never even saw a tiny smile on her face, as if it was my fault she didn't like her job. The balcony door did not lock either, but we felt alright as we hid all our valuables in the safe. The housekeeper, Vanessa, was amazing. She understood us perfectly and was very helpful, the same with the night staff and bellmen. The breakfast staff was very warm and welcoming as well. This hotel was pretty good, but I would recommend looking for a hotel closer to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bigfeezy
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The reception staff working at this hotel are very rude and impolite particularly Keyla Jimenez and Sergio Ferrera. They were both very rude during our check-in process and during the length of our stay. We even wanted to stay an extra night just so that we could enjoy the lovely city of Rio(not the hotel) and Sergio didn't even bother to help us, he just told us that we had to go through the trouble of calling the reservations phone # to find out if the hotel had availability for one more night.

The hotel is old but it has been renovated, so the price that you pay for the room is not so bad. The location of the hotel is also pretty good as it's just 2 blocks away from Copacabana beach.

The complimentary breakfast that they offer is okay, they always have the same foods and menu for service, nothing new so you might get bored after 2 days.

Also, be careful at the time of check-out and carefully review all of the additinal charges that you have incurred during your stay. The hotel tried to charge us for 4 nights of parking when we didn't have a car.

Overall, the price that I paid for the room was good considering I stayed there during the WorldCup and the hotel rooms are also pretty decent, I just think that the personnel at the front desk could make an effort to improve their service and the way they treat their clients.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Miguel C
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed in Rio for 5 days and enjoyed it. We found the hotel staff to be extremely friendly, always a smile and greeting. Our rooms (2) were adequate for our needs, we asked to be moved from the 1st, it was noisy because of a building site next door and work started early and didn't finish til late. We went out for a day's excursion and when we got back to the hotel our bags and laundry had been moved to the new room. At first we thought that there were renovations going on above us but realised it was the service lift.......very noisy and constant but it didn't stop us from sleeping. The bed was comfortable, the shower was hot and the room clean. The breakfast was more than adequate with a great variety. We had to pay for wifi but got a reduction in price if we had dinner in the hotel. The hotel is very well situated....close go Copacabana beach, buses, metro, bars, restaurants. The reception staff organised us being picked up from the hotel for the day trips we did. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne M
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Where to start? If you're concerned with belongings safely in room, don't book - latch on door broken and rep came to fix it saying he would return, he never came back. I went down to inquire and front desk said he wasn't able to? Ok, guess I expected a response call or visit to inform me, better yet they said they were full, "and that nothing bad ever happened in this hotel and that I wouldn't be hurt or belongings stolen" lol.... I claimed that this was a ridiculous statement and they said they would change my room in 2 days... Never happened. The AC does not have temp control so plan to be frozen or sweating.... All night. I did not have one positive experience here, best of luck if booking here.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business