“Trip to Carnival - Rio de Janeiro”
Review of TourGuideGus

TourGuideGus
Ranked #12 of 560 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: I am a licensed Tour Guide in Rio with over 15 years of experience and I'll be glad to sort out any of your doubts or questions and I can assure you an excellent and memorable stay in the beautiful city of Rio. I do Transfers, Tours , Trips to Buzios, Angra , Paraty and so on ,with my own car. I can also get bigger ones if you're more than 3 passangers...Send me an inquiry and that will be the beginning of a marvelous trip!!!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had the most wonderful experience at Carnival in Rio de Janeiro this year thanks to Augusto Guimaraes (Gus). He organised last minutes tickets, personally picked us up from the Cruise Ship and drove us to the Stadium, even walking us to the entrance where our seats were. He could not have been more organised.

Our group had a wonderful time and hours later at the agreed upon time Gus was waiting for us and delivered us back to the ship. Mind you, this was at 3:00am. Nothing was too much trouble for Gus and I would not hesitate to avail myself of his services when next in Rio.

As a footnote, my husband was quarantined on the ship and unable to attend Carnival and Gus has been assisting him with his insurance claim for refund of his unused ticket. Thank you Gus for all your help.

1  Thank wmstockings
Tourguidegus, Proprietário at TourGuideGus, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

What a great review. Can't thank you enough for the lovely words. All the best!!

All reviews
"cruise ship"
in 4 reviews
"his passion"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In early 2018 my wife and I took a cruise around South America which included a visit to Rio de Janeiro. By the time we realised that the famous Carnival was taking place during our ships visit all of the ships tours were fully booked.

We contacted Gus via email and he quickly organised very good seats and arranged payment through PayPal which was very convenient given we were on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean with very short notice.

Unfortunately I contacted the Flu and was confined and quarantined to the ship, therefore unable to attend Carnival. Gus has since gone out of his way to assist me with my insurance claim for a refund of the unused (quite expensive) tickets. Gus has been very courteous and willing to what ever it takes responding promptly to any correspondence I have had with him!

I would thoroughly recommend Gus to anyone travelling to Rio as he is very organised and trustworthy and would not hesitate to use him again should I return to Rio.

Thhank you so much John for the excellent review. It does make me glad and helps my ranking. All the best

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I booked a tour with Augusto and it was outstanding. Our guide, Augusto was excellent. Very knowledgeable, punctual and flexible. He really cared that we had a good, safe experience during our visit. He picked us up from the airport and we went straihhr to the sites. He speaks excellent English which made the visit so much more enjoyable for my wife, who does not speak Portuguese. We saw all of the major sites, and then he took us to some areas that we would have never seen without him. It was not on the itenirary, but he know we would enjoy it, so off we went. It was like that the whole time. He was always going the extra mile for us, taking our pictures and making sure we had a great time.

We would not have enjoyed our time in Rio as much without Augusto. He was a true blessing for us. We would recommend him to anyone planing a visit. A true pleasure to deal with.

Great review Tim...I had a good time with you and your wife and hope to ee you back in Rio with the kids in the future. Thank you!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

“ Ours was a group of 5 friends from Mumbai ( 2 couples + 1 single lady) who visited Rio from 15th to18th June 2018.Our tour guide Gus ( Augusto) was just terrific.Gus was very fluent with English, very knowledgeable, very witty and quick thinker. He really took care of us and made our whole stay so enjoyable. Besides taking us to all tourist attraction, he also afforded local flavor with visit to 19th century Coffe House Colombo which was not in our itinerary. We would not have enjoyed Rio without Augusto. Reminded me of old movie “ROMAN Holiday” -life full of fun! I strongly recommend availing of Augusto’s services while visiting Rio. God bless. Big thank you Gus.”

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tourguidegus, Proprietário at TourGuideGus, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks a lot Choksy for your lovely words. It was a pleasure spending some time with you and ypur wife. All the best and someday I'll make it to India and hope to see you.