Open today: Closed

from US$50.00
from US$215.00
from US$78.00
2,381 results
All reviews cover charge brazilian music great samba dance club drinks food stage tourists rio
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 March 2017

I know this place is not at international standards but I think it's a must have if you want to experience the real Carioca Life. The idea of an Antics seller was to transform this 3 floors colonial mansion, in a place where you can dance Samba Live music or disco dance live or having dinner or have a drink , surrounded by extravagant objects that tell the stories of the city and the guy who founded this place. We went there a Saturday night and preferred to have dinner before , I really enjoyed this place and the dynamic atmosphere , of course is crowded and of course is a human show, but that's why it's interesting. Tourist guests but the most of clients are locals , which a good sign to me. Queue outside, when it's your turn at the reception they take a picture of you and your fingerprint, quite weird but should be guarantee of safety in a popular district... better get quickly a taxi when you get out, do not stroll around with bags or cell phone.
You are charged 50BR as entrance fee and you receive a paper chart in which your drinks and eats are marked. You pay at check out.

2  Thank Crisspar
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Scam! Do not go. We ended up here after a recommendation and from the reviews from the locals, we decided to give the place a try. I'm not one for Samba but thought it would be a nice experience while in Rio.
Once entering the venue, there are no signs that there is an entry fee. We took our seats, had something to eat and then went downstairs to dance to the live music until we decided to leave. At this point, the service and atmosphere was below average. I was secretly wishing that I had gone to the bar in my hotel.

On entry, you are presented with a card which records everything you eat/drink. You then pay when you exit the restaurant.
On leaving, we noticed a charge of 65 BRL each. Once we asked what the charge was for, we were told that it was an entry fee. There are no signs of explaining that there is an entry fee in Portuguese or English at the door and no one notifies you of this.
We asked for a manager, Maldo Moises, who was extremely rude and told us that it was our fault that we couldn't pay! The point was not that we couldn't pay but that we were not told of the charge and he could not point us to anywhere on entry or on a leaflet which advertises a door charge. He was speaking to both a Corporate Banker and an Energy Economist. His poor attitude and lack
of customer service was the issue.
Do not come here. It is a trap. The food is not great and the service is awful. The 1 star reviews are very accurate.

6  Thank Preshie143
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Great entertainment, it's a museum and a samba club. It has three floors and even an elevator going up and down between them. Entrance fee of 50 Reais.

2  Thank xschinas
Reviewed 11 February 2017

Absolutely amazing! Probably the most best in Brazil. Three floors of an old Brazilian townhouse beautifully decorated with oddities. Go only if to see the club. The music is absolutely superb. All the locals are here including families (with small children). Don't miss this in Rio

2  Thank L00K-See
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

I have been there with my girlfriend and her friends..we really had good time, the venue is huge, it's a museum and a samba club.. i love the caipirinha! Gostosa!

Date of experience: March 2016