Location can't be beat in Ipanema, one block away from the beach (almost just behind the Cesear Park Hotel). Lots of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance.
As for the apartments my reviews are mixed. Really enjoyed the spacious balcony every night. The bedrooms, living room and dining room were in good condition, comfortable and a safe at no charge in one of the bedrooms was nice to have. The kitchen was very small and did not offer too many utensils, the ones they did have were quite old. If you want to do your own cooking and not eat out a lot this is not the kitchen for you. If you just want to stock the fridge with drinks, snacks, left overs it suits fine. Both bathrooms were in need of repairs- toilet flooded twice, bathroom doors rotting at the bottom in both bathrooms and floors need replaced.
Always felt safe in and around hotel and breakfast buffet (included in rate) was fine, would like to have seen more variation in food but it was kept clean and well staffed. There is a computer for guest use, it's not free but only a small charge each 30 minutes. Pool area small (like all others in the area) but kept up well. There is also a sauna and small work out room. On site salon was a nice touch. Would have liked to have seen the front desk offer more brochures for tours and excursions, there are a few but not many to pick from. (Ended up going to the Cesear Park for advice, tours etc, they have much more to offer in that area and it takes about 3 min walk).
Used rio shuttle service to and from airport for R 10 per person- and recommend it. [--]
The BEST seafood meal all week was at MARIUS in Copacabana. You choose to eat on the meat or seafood side. Highly recommended. marius.com.br
Two places for casual dining near the residence I recommend Itahy restaurante for pizza and Garota de Ipanema for sandwiches, salads, pasta, meats, etc.
Overall a good value for what you pay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Ipanema, one block from the legendary Ipanema beach, abilità Suites Ipanema Tower combines the joy and charm of Rio de Janeiro. In Ipanema you can find libraries, cultural centers, shops, cinemas and sophisticated bars and restaurants. We offer spacious apartments and suitable for those traveling on business or leisure with friends and family and all staff prepared to provide the best experience on your trip to Rio de Janeiro. Easy access to Leblon and Copacabana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ipanema Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ipanema Tower Residence Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Ipanema Hotel Residence
- Ipanema Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Ipanema Tower Rio De Janeiro, Brazil