Ritz Plaza Hotel Leblon
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$129
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$109
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
US$171
MGallery
US$210
US$200
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
US$370
US$362
  • Breakfast included
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$97
Official Hotel
US$275
US$213
  • Pool
All reviewsthe ritztwo blocksgreat locationhotel roommetro stationleblonrio
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Not a bad spot in a good location, five minutes walk from Iponina beach, good location for restaurants and cafe's and seems a safe area. The rooms are ok but basic, standard tv, limited English speaking and the bathrooms functional even if the shower is for the slim. Beds are ok bug not great. The bar is a cemetry with lights and the eating area dead as well. Small pool around which breakfast is served which is pleasant. Key watch outs are you pay for a room safe that is so small you can't get an iPad into it and the wifi is extortionate and crap. Easier to jump onto the next doors free one. It's not cheap and if asked to allocate stars it's about a two and a half. To conclude overpriced for average quality but not he worst.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for four nights during Carnaval. I have never been to Rio before and had been told that prices get crazy during Carnaval so I don't have any prior experiences to compare to in terms of value. We had three people staying in a one room suite. There was a king sized bed in the separate bedroom and a pull out sofa bed. The room was very large, clean, and comfortable. There was a small kitchen with microwave and fridge which were more than adequate for our short stay. The Wi-Fi cost about $15 a day and worked most of the time. The hot breakfast every morning was well above average. To be honest, the person with whom my wife and I were staying is from Brazil so she dealt with the staff almost exclusively, but we never had any problems with any of the staff. The front desk staff were very friendly and accomodating getting us cabs whenever we needed them. The maids were excellent. The person who maintained the breakfast area was very atttentive and went out of his way to talk to us in English and wanted to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. It amazes me how one rude staff person can ruin your stay at a hotel, but we never found any here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I have to agree with earlier reviews and the problem lies with the GMr/owner (I won't give his name) of the hotel. It is expensive but for that you expect service and to be able to discuss problems rationally. I had the hotel safe key stolen and they wanted to charge R$300 (£115 approx)for it to be opened. No master key was available so they drilled the lock out which took less than 5mins.
After discusions via the front desk with the GM/owner the cost was reduced to R$200 - still excessive. I asked to meet the GM/owner (he was upstairs making decisions away from public view!) and although he was quite happy to be interrupted by his own staff member, he refused to see me. As a paying guest, I feel that he should have handled this matter personally to reach an amicable settlement and therefore consider this to be bad management .Of major concern is that his selfish attitude is filtering through to some of the staff.
The swimming pool, though advertised, was not available and unlikely to be so for some time but the hotel would not recognise this in their tariff .

Room Tip: A room away from the front of the building
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank chris9002
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Really is too bad this place is run by people who are totally clueless to hospitality. Not only do they overcharge you for the internet access, which only works 20% of the time, but they will also erroneously charge you on the final bill...be careful!...and then still give you a hard time about it. I had to make five long-distance calls to settle the whole thing, and on top of that, they are not only rude about it but they never even apologize! I am Brazilian and this hotel is giving us a bad name! This is a great location, but not worth the headache! Rent an apartment in Rio if you are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nstop
Reviewed 18 December 2009

The hotel starts great, nice room, awesome view, nice space, smily staff, dont bother you with paperwork...you name it. Then the price is high, but U think "hey, it´s Leblon, the nicest place of Rio". Next thing is the morning coffee, I am not too picky, but I´ve seen wayyyyyyyy better for what they are pretending to be. Internet is falling every 5 minute when then scream out that it works fine. You ask something to the staff and they forget. Room service stops 30 min before the actual time (on the hotel menu). The hot water was not working properly, it was a gas system that was leaking sometime. My wife was with me, I arrived there transferred as an expat, we were waiting on my visa to get a proper flat. Now one morning, they enter the room without warning, they did not check if there was someone in... one could be in confortable clothing and the hotel staff would have enjoyed the view... but not me!! After that they did have the room pre-paid for someone else during the period of our booking. They told us we were on waiting list (against the rules, if pre paid the room is not available, or the hotel wants to bank twice). Though we were warned, they ensured the booking company we chose we would not change room (strange but true). Now the piece of resistance: on saturday we go for a trip and come back at night to find the room has been emptied and someone else´s belonging are in the room (the magnetic key did not work but as it happen frequently I went down to have it re-activated and the receptionist did not realised it was me and they might tell me something like "ow, by the way you wont be in this room for now!!"). Imagine how my wife was like... We go down to the reception, start to vulcanize the receptionist and force him to phone managers (there was no managers in the hotel at the time). We found the guy to speak to after 30 min of straight persuasion, have him on the phone. The manager dirrectly starts to yell at me to leave the room or I will be taken by the police and deported out, that they would take my visa, that I was a complete idiot cos the guy in the room is an important lawyer that has a lot of power....general manager yelling at a client, insulting him and menacing him, including a third guy that has not even seen my face and would probably do nothing but spanking the hotel management for such a lack of communication. And our belongings?? room next door, thrown there... Right now I am in a process of procecution against the manager...

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business