“OK, but not the best”

Ranked #161 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Venlo, The Netherlands
“OK, but not the best”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I stayed here for a week. When I checked in I first didnt get the room I booked. I got a small room with 2 twin beds, while I booked for a double bed. So I asked the bellboy for this. He first said he didnt had it, but when I told him I booked for it, he gave me another room. This was a huge room with view on the Christ. So I think it wasnt correct first giving me the bad room. Anyways, the breakfast was ok. Staff wasnt too nice. They charged me 2 times for things i didnt do. First they said I took 2 whiskey from the minibar, I didnt take. Then they charged me for a extra person in the room. I actualy got quite mad about it. So be carefull if you check your bill. I didnt had to pay for these things, but just had the feeling they try to rip you off. When I got mad they apologised. And said it were just mistakes. Well sorry i dont get it? How can you make a mistake like this?

They also requested me to pay half of the bill after 4 days. Just locked my door. I didnt feel too good about this. The good things to the hotel is the location, close to the subway Largo de marchado, close to flamengo beach. And the room looked very clean (sleeping part) and big rooms. And a jacuzzi. Bathroom was not the best look, bit dark and walls were not that clean, but I enjoyed the private jacuzzi.

Room Tip: I had a room on the front site, which was huge, the ones in the back I saw it was small.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Anonymous2414

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Villach
Reviewed 8 February 2010

we stayed there for 2 nights and i was happy when we checked out.
our room was small, very old fashioned, the air condition was loud, the bathroom was also small and there was a hole in the bathtub - so no chance to use the jacuzzi. the bathtub was also slack - a challenge when you got a shower.
the breakfast was ok (average).
the only positive thing was the location - you are close to bars, restaurants and the flamingo-beach.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Rio de Janeiro hotels

Coimbra, Portugal
Reviewed 3 August 2009

It's a very simple hotel in a nice area of town. Not as fancy as Copacabana, Ipanema or Leblon, but Flamengo is a quite nice area. Close to Largo do Machado and to the Flamengo Beach (good to walk/run, not so good to swim) this hotel is a nice option if you are not in the mood to spend a lot of money for a room.
My bill was 170 Reais a day (close to £55 a day) for a double.
And with Jacuzzi and Sauna in the room!!! :-) Also free internet (slow and no wireless, but free) and Breakfast.
Not a 5 star hotel, but good enough!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Royal Regency Palace Hotel
#141 of 282 in Rio de Janeiro
Scorial Rio Hotel
#71 of 282 in Rio de Janeiro

Been to Hotel Rondonia Palace? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Rondonia Palace

Property: Hotel Rondonia Palace
Address: Rua Buarque de Macedo 60, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22220-030, Brazil
Region: Brazil > State of Rio de Janeiro > Rio de Janeiro > Flamengo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #161 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel Rondonia Palace 3*
It's privileged location is near everything you need wether on vacation or on a business trip. We are near two subway stations (Catete Station and Largo do Machado Station) and main tourist attractions of the city like "Sugar Loaf" and "Christ the Redeemer" also cinemas, museums and shopping centers. Hotel Rondonia Palace is only five minutes from Santos Dumont airport, Downtown, Sugar Loaf and ten minutes from Copacabana. A few meters from the beach and Parque do Flamengo (the largest leisure area in Latin America, a Burle Marx's paisagistic project, ideal for sports). We have the infrastructure required for meetings or events. Our staff is trained to make you feel right at home. If you need anything, just let us know. We aim to please. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Hotel Rondonia Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Rondonia Palace Rio De Janeiro, Brazil