“Wonderful Experience!”

Dallas, Texas
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Truly a wonderful hotel.

I am a meeting planner based out of Texas (USA) and I travel all over the world hosting meetings and events. In February 2014 I was given a meeting to take place in Rio de Janeiro. Seeing as though I had never before been, I was a tad nervous as to what I could expect. Needless to say, my expectations were beyond met.

First off the property is wonderfully located directly across the street from the beach. My clients and guests were thrilled with that. It is also extremely safe. I had heard my fair share stories about Brazil – none of that was apparent at the Windsor Barra Hotel. The staff was also extremely friendly and for the most part very easy to communicate with (English being the only language I speak). Our guest rooms were large and very comfortable – all with ocean views (for my entire group). Seeing as though the hotel was connected to the Convention Center, it made it very easy and convenient for my group.

A quick background run-through. This meeting was initially supposed to take place in December 2013. About two weeks prior, the client cancelled the meeting. He had to be in two places at once and decided this meeting would have to wait. What a mess. The hotel was wonderful about the whole thing. They completely understood and did not make me feel bad for all the chaos I had just caused them. I felt terrible, but I know this kind of stuff happens.

Anyway, I was thrilled to learn in early January 2014 that the Rio de Janeiro meeting was back on. I quickly contacted the Windsor Barra to see if they would take us back! Sure enough, they had the space available! Not only was I hosting a meeting in a country that I had never personally been, but I had less than a month to plan and execute it! Ready. Set. CRAZY! 

After hundreds and hundreds of back-and-forth emails, we got the meeting planned. It would take place over two days – in three different meetings rooms. When myself and my staff arrived, we did a run through with the hotel staff… all was great! They even pulled some MAJOR strings to allow us to do our Farewell Reception on their 17th Floor, Roof. They created a special, authentic, Brazilian buffet complete with signature drinks! Mixing their banquet world and their hotel kitchen is not easily done. Thank you Thank you to them for making this happen! The clients and guests couldn’t stop talking about how wonderful their “Happy Hour” was!  Made me look like a Rockstar!

Well, two hours before our first meeting was set to begin, our client arrived and was not thrilled with the space. They wanted the rooms switched and different rooms used all together. WHAT???? YIKES! Never before has anything like that ever been requested. We didn’t even know what to think. Sure enough, the hotel staff jumped into action and make it all happen… and in record time. All three rooms (which were completely set and ready to go by this time) were rearranged with other rooms and reset. Myself and my staff were in shock. Not only did they do it, and in record time, but they were amazing about it. They remained friendly with us and completely accommodating. I know that was a less than ideal situation, but they came to our rescue. Needless to say, our client was very pleased and our meeting was a success. **Thank you conference center staff! Amazing!**

Aside from the meeting, the front desk staff was wonderful. They got to know me and my group and anticipated our needs before I even knew what I needed. They set up dinner reservations for us – arranged transportation – even set up off-sit adventures! They were always pleasant and very knowledgeable! It was very much appreciated!

**Finally, I have to point out the AMAZING AV group Hoffmann. Claudia Lapolli and her team saved us over and over again. They were all affected as well when we had to switch the meeting rooms around. She brought in more staff – had extra equipment ready just in case – took care of our pop-up needs – everything. And she stayed on site with us to make sure everything went off perfect! Our event was a success in LARGE part to Hoffmann AV! *Thank you Thank you! 

Should I ever get the chance to return to Rio, work or play, I will no doubt be returning to the Windsor Barra.

Just to name a few of the amazing staff I had the pleasure of working with:
Renan Saidy – She helped me actually plan the meeting… and in record time.
Leonardo Mattos – He made the 17th Floor Farewell Reception happen! He was amazing!!
Vanessa Carreira – She was our contact throughout the meeting. She and Luis helped us through the meeting space change and every other thing that came up along the way! FABULOUS. FABULOUS. FABULOUS.
Monica Amorim – She was there on our walk through and was most helpful! 
Andrea Rebello, Fernanda Fleix and Bruna de Queiroz – Reservations (helped with guest rooms – check-ins and outs – changes – ground transportation)
Mariath Amorim – Billing (we were NOT an easy group, Mariath was AMAZING and so helpful)!

Thank you Windsor Barra for a perfect experience! 

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Angie S
marcos b, Gerente geral at Windsor Barra, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Ms Angie,

First of all, we are delighted about your comments and very glad that you had a Wonderful Experience with us!
We agree with you that it is lovely to come to a business hotel and in a free time the guest can enjoy our beach which is located right across the street and be able to have the comfort of our beach service .

We are happy that you thought it was very easy to communicate with our staff. We incite our employees of improving their English and we also provide classes in the hotel in order to encourage them to learn.

We were very pleased that everything has worked out in our convention center and the unexpected were easily resolved, and happy that you really felt a rockstar ! Because our goal was that everything went perfect!

We would like to tell you that working with positive customers who trust in our services and really want everything right it really makes all the difference and is much easier. Our reception staff , events , reservations , food and beverage , housekeeping were all extremely honored by your thanks but we would say that without you would be nothing like it . You were our star!

We are hoping that you come back soon to visit us!

Kind Regards,

Gerente Geral

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Windsor Barra is quite a drive from the Rio International Airport but it is worth the trip. Barra de Tijuca is a newer part of Rio and it feels less crowded. There are more green spaces in this part of the city and the hotel is right on the well-treed and wide boulevard that one crosses to go to the beautiful beach that runs for miles. The hotel itself is not a Ritz-Carlton but it is pretty close. The rooms are wonderful, the staff is great and the breakfasts are outstanding. Of all of these things the rooms amazed me most. Our room was well appointed, modern and clean. The best thing about the room though was that it was quiet. We were right at the front of the hotel over the busy street and the even busier walkway that is always crowded with people both night and day. The building is well built. We slept well there.

Room Tip: Get a room up high where you can see the waterfront
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
marcos b, Gerente geral at Windsor Barra, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Windsor Barra Hotel & Congress for your stay in our city.
We appreciate your relevant comments and that will be very helpful for our future as we are always in search of perfection regarding accommodations and services.

Reiterating our thanks for your valuable contribution and, since now, we are waiting for the next opportunity to receive you in Rio de Janeiro where all our staff will be at your entire disposal.

Cordially,

las vegas
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Having visited Rio several times and staying on Copacabana I must say the Barra beach was a nice change. This hotel is very clean and well run. The restaurant buffet is excellent. It is a distance from the landmarks in Rio but if you want a nice place to stay with a great non crowded beach this is it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
marcos b, Gerente geral at Windsor Barra, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Windsor Barra Hotel and for bringing to our knowledge relevant impressions regarding our Hotel.

We got pleased that you were satisfied with our Hotel and the service. It is through our guests comments that we find the motivation for doing our best. And, I agree with you that Barra Beach is outstanding!

Looking forward to your visit again!!!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Nice business hotel with well equiped rooms. It is a petty that the rooms have only small windows, thus making them rather dark.

On the 17th floor there is a nice pool with absolutely great view, especially at sunset.

Room Tip: wireless available at high price. try to get a deal with the hotel to have wifi included
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
marcos b, Gerente geral at Windsor Barra, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for providing part of your precious time expressing your important impressions concerning our hotel, especially with regards to our services.

Since now we look forward a new opportunity to welcoming you in Rio de Janeiro, where the whole team will again be at your disposal to guarantee a great stay.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

What can be better than Rio de Janeiro... This with good service, nice room and good food. You got it. Ohh, don't forget there is a really nice beach just in front of you. Rooms are really nice and clean. Breakfast is just wonderful. After the breakfast I guarantee you will only need dinner. Prices are high but you can't expect cheap prices for Rio, right!?

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the preference given to the Windsor Barra Hotel & Congressos, and for bringing to our attention important impressions regarding your visit to our Hotel.

For us it was a great pleasure to read your comments about our Hotel.
I agree that we do have a really nice beach in front of us and we stay happy that you could enjoy it!

We reiterate our thanks for the valuable collaboration and we wait a new opportunity to meet you in Rio de Janeiro, where the entire staff is at your disposal to again give you moments of joy.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ.
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The location is a little bit far from the city spots, but is located in front of an amazing beach. The room service is ok, nice staff and good bed, room size (a big one), loccitane toiletries + amenities. The Breakfest is good too, but the worst thing is the internet service that doesn`t work. It`s a shame. I lost an appointment cause I couldn`t access the internet and see some informations. So, if you`re looking a place to relax and have a good moment is pretty ok, but go away if your needs are business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to our city and leave us such valuable feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our facilities and services. We are sorry about your internet issue, we have 24h internet support and they will be notified of your dissatisfaction, this was certainly not our best service.

We reiterate our thanks and we hope to see you back soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I went to this hotel for a conference, and spent 5 days there by myself. When I checked in, I didn´t realized they booked a smoking room for me, probably a mistake from the agency person. As soon as I got into the room, I smelled the ash in the air, claimed for a non-smoking one, and I was happy that they promptly provided it. So, if you don´t smoke, ask book a non-smoke room…
This hotel is located in an amazing area in front of the beach, in a nice area at Rio (but not so close to the airport, so arrange your transfer considering the awful traffic).
The staff is extremely nice and polite. I had most of the meals there, they were impeccable. There is an Italian restaurant just beside the hotel what is also a good choice. Unfortunately I didn´t have time to enjoy to the beach or the swimming pool, but the view was terrific.
After check out, I noticed that some services included in my bill were not recognized by me, so I asked them to review them. After a while, again, I was glad to know that the manager found the error and they refund me the money. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a non-smoking room if you don´t like the smell. Try to book the closest room ne...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CaroleRafa
marcos b, Gerente geral at Windsor Barra, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Mrs. CaroleRaf,

We would like to thank you for choosing the Windsor Barra Hotel & Congressos and for bringing to our knowledge important impressions related to your visit to our resort.

We are really satisfied to know that our services had gone up your expectations. It is by the comments of our guests that we try to adequate the needs, trying to always offer an excellent stay with us.

Your comments are our tools to improve and to adjust our product to the needs of highly demanding guests such as you, thus offering the best in services and facilities.

Once again, we would like to thank you very much for your precious collaboration. We will be looking forward to your next visit to the Windsor Barra Hotel & Congressos, where our team is always at your disposal to guarantee the excellence of our services.