“Best place to stay in Rio”

Rio Guest House ( Marta's Guest House)
Ranked #24 of 331 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
“Best place to stay in Rio”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Marta house is the best place to stay in Rio it is close to everything . The room are clean and it has AC. I was traveling with my cousin and we really enjoined the place and espiceal Marta was so great she really took care of us and help us to get around . The best thing I would say in Marta place is the view . It is is just amazing . There is a huge area where you can set and enjoy the beach in from of you.

I really enjoy the sun the rise from the balcony I set there for hours.

If you want a great place to stay and great host and best value for your money I highly recommend Marta place .

Khalifa

From Abu Dhabi , UAE

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Khalifa A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a gem of a place to stay. Occupying the penthouse suite on the top floor of this Art Deco apartment building, this guesthouse has unquestionably the best, most dazzling outlook from the terrace, looking right along the curve of Copacabana beach to Sugarloaf Mountain. The apartment has original Art Deco features, and the communal areas are spacious, cool and beautifully furnished. You could not find a better location even in the most expensive hotels in Rio.

Marta is a wonderful host - and knows everything about Rio - what to see, where to go. The rooms are well equipped, with lovely furnishing and perfectly maintained. The breakfasts on the terrace are a delight. We must return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank john_farrington
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This the second time I have stayed at Marta's Guest House. Just find the whole experience relaxing. Marta and her staff are excellent. I find them very helpful. The guest house is spotless. I booked for myself but my 5 year old son lives in Rio. Marta and her team made him very welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Marta's Guest House in Rio because my girlfriend's mother referred the b&b to us. She explained that the b&b is in the perfect location of Copacabana as well as the owner, Marta, takes good care of her guests. Well my girlfriend's mother was not wrong! It was not just the location of the guest house, or even the view from the terrace; what made us fall in love was the impeccable service given by Marta. She is a very intelligent, caring woman. My girlfriend and I originally stopped in Rio so that I could renew my US visa. The visa took longer than expected and my girlfriend and I were leaving to go to another location. When I discussed this to Marta, she offered to pick up my visa from the embassy and overnight the documents to whichever location I will be. It came to a huge surprise that such a nice lady would go out of her way to help someone she just met. Not only was my issue bigger than we both thought, but she did what she promised and I could not thank her enough. Besides helping me with my visa, she also referred some great restaurants for us to go to as well as gave her advice on what tourist attractions were best. Hotels may have nice views as well as a concierge; but they do not treat you as if you were family and that is what we felt when we stayed at Marta's. When we visit Rio again, we will not be staying anywhere else but Marta's Guest House.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been several times in Rio, all kind of hotels, rates, etc... But with difference this is the best place to stay!
- The location, just perfect.
- The rates, very competitve compared with other places.
- The views, you won't get better views any other place...
- The breakfast, great! Fresh fruits, bread, chease, iogurts, pastries,...
- The rooms, clean, confortable...
- The owner, Marta, an amazing person.
Apart from the great days we spend in Marta's guesthouse... Unfortunately, we forgot our mobile phone in the appartment the day we left... but Marta helped us to recover it once we were back to our country! Thank you Marta for your help!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed in The Rio Guest House in early January 2014 for 8 nights. The Rio Guest House is located on the top two penthouse floors of what could be described as a beach side residential high-rise building. The views are just stunning and the setting and furnishings within the beach-house is really lovely and tastefully appointed (as can be seen by its photos).

Marta is a lovely, caring and vivacious hostess who is there to support you (with some great contacts on seeing Rio) but at the same time is not intrusive in you wanting privacy. Another good feature is the 24 hour doorman located on the ground floor keeping access to the building safe. The location of The Guest House is also useful with many major banks just on the corner, a good laundry across the road, 24 hour cafes nearby and small supermarkets just around the corner.

The traditional Brazilian breakfast served varies each day and is offered in a communal table setting allowing you to mingle and exchange stories with the other guests. Another handy feature is a keypad safe in your room for your valuables and there is a computer for transferring your holiday photos to USB drives which also has internet access.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SimRahOz
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at the Rio Guesthouse for eight nights. From the moment we were greeted by Marta, I was enchanted by the beautiful decor of the guesthouse,.Marta was delightful, warm and engaging. This made the place feel like home. A highlight of the guesthouse was the terrace overlooking Copacabana beach. The view of Sugar Loaf Mountain to to the left and of Ipanema beach on the right was spectacular at any time, night or day. Seeing the sunset or sunrise from the terrace were so beautiful. The guesthouse was in a great location. close to banks, shops , restaurants and it was easy and quick to get to all the major sites. Marta guided us on the best places to go and organized a trip to a samba club where we saw samba clubs in rehearsal for the Carnival.
Our room was very comfortable with an ensuite bathroom. Security was good with an in room safe, and a doorman downstairs. Breakfast was very good and a great chance to socialise with the other guests,

It was very easy to book with Marta responding to my email in a timely manner. Reservations were confirmed by making a bank deposit and I was very confident of having a firm reservation during high season in Rio. It was a little anxiety provoking to have to pay a large balance in cash for the eight nights however with a bank just on the corner, very close to the guesthouse, we made several withdrawals over a few days and kept the cash in the room safe.

This was excellent value for money in such a great location in Rio during high season.

I am planning to stay there again,

Room Tip: We stayed in the aquamarine room with an ensuite bathroom. An in room safe, A side view of Mount Sug...