“Very poor service”

Ranked #5 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Paris, France
“Very poor service”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed at Fasano with a friend and we where really chocked by the lack ok service.

Ok the rooms are really well design. Ok the roof top's very nice. But, when you pay 600 usd per night, you hope to have a nice service!

By our side, it was a pitty! Each time we came to the pool, the staff was ignoring us. We waited for 45 minuntes before getting a towel.

And during all our stay we had to fight against the staff to get what we need !!!!

We didn't feel in a 5 stars hotel at any time...

I think the Fasano staff is so proud to work here that they forget customers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank JBECQUET

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Rome
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Have been here several times and always had a pleasant stay. Extremely expensive and often fully booked. Sensational roof terrace with patchy service. Good breakfast buffet, I am glad now they have pao de queijo (cheese bread) which is a Brazilian favorite of mine.
Security is very tight indeed so if you have any unexpected guests forget it! ;)
Air-conditioning in my room was noisy but fortunately Rio was cool enough not to need it at night.
This hotel has taken a lot of business away from the Copacabana Palace who I understand now are furiously refurbishing to update it's slightly tired look. So much of the Fasano's success is that it has no competition. Be warned not to rest on your laurels Fasano.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room. That is what Rio is about!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RomeLorenzo
Daniel M, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Mr Lorenzo,

First of all, on behalf of Fasano Hotels, I'd like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We realize how valuable our guests' time is, so we truly appreciate your efforts in sending us your thoughts.

We were also happy to start serving pão de queijo, also one of our favorites! As with all our services, we are continually looking to improve our breakfast service with as many options as possible while maintaining the high standards which we strive to achieve.

If, at your next stay with us, your room has a noisy air conditioning unit, I urge you to please contact the front desk so that we may address the issue to prevent it becoming a problem.

Again, thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you at our hotel soon.

Safe travels!

Warm regards,
Daniel
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I know that there is not much competition and Fasano is by far the best hotel in Rio and you pay for it. Price is insane and every year they have the courage to charge even more, but in a city like Rio that there is no space left you either pay or go to Copacabana. The hotel is beautiful, modern and elegant with very good service. I love the location and the views are gorgeous. I can stay in the balcony of my room or in the roof-top pools for hours just enjoying the views. I normally stay at the ocean view room which I have no complaints about it. I understant the garden view are not as confortable. A tip here. If you are in the mood for Rio and consider Fasano already, go for the ocean view. You will not regret.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro! I have passed on your comments to our guest services staff who were ecstatic.

Our courtyard-facing rooms, while slightly smaller, at 45 square meters, are more affordable, and we do offer all the same furnishings, services and amenities as in our more spacious categories. We'd love to show you one of these rooms at your next stay, if you are interested. Of course, it's hard to beat the ocean view from our beachfront rooms, but I hope you find they are a good alternative!

We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel again, hopefully in the near future.

Happy travels!

Warm regards,
Daniel
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

Very well located, nice place, nice rooms, but the best ever service I've had. The staff is there to serve you with the best efforts and they really do it. We booked the superior room with garden view but had a problem with some music noise from the Disco at the Hotel during the night. After complaining with the staff we've been up graded to a deluxe room with sea view on the 6th floor. The up grade was very nice, but what made me more happy was the way the staff treated us.
I think that every hotel has their problems, the difference between the good ones and the best ones is how they solve them and definitely this hotel knows how to handle it. When I told the problem they apologized a lot and solved it fast.
Fom the doorman to the general manager, from the house keeping to the restaurant waiter, from the concierge to the pool staff everybody treated us like king and queen. And the city is beautiful. They have a high price for that ($$$). But if you can afford it ....
Can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I travel to Rio frequently for business, and just enjoyed my second stay at the Fasano. It's a beautiful, modern and elegant hotel with superb service. The location is wonderful and very convenient. The front desk personnel and hotel management are incredibly helpful, friendly and accommodating. The roof-top pool is stunning - with gorgeous views of Ipanema beach and a very nice bar and lounge area.
I stayed in a superior king room with garden views, so I can't comment on the ocean-facing views. But my room was very comfortable.
I'm looking forward to my next stay, and becoming a frequent traveler to this beautiful destination.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Gallarate, Italy
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Been there feb 2011 during pre-carneval. Right on Ipanema Beach with simply amazing roof top pool, great experience for one of the best aperitives ever.
Rooms very nice but defenitly too samll for over 500 euro night!

High class italian restaurant and being italian I would say....very good one really.

• Stayed February 2012
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The Fasano Rio is an excellent hotel, with the rooftop pool and views over Ipanema beach the obvious highlight. The reason it doesn't get a five star rating are the rooms and restaurant. Although they are pretty cool, for me they lack a little of the wow factor (and we stayed in a deluxe ocean facing).
We were also very disappointed with the food, it was good but not even remotely worth the price-tag. Very uninspiring. The London bar is cool, but generally very empty and betrays the celeb hip profile it is given in the press.
Overall, you'll highly likely really enjoy your stay but will leave feeling it wasn't quite worth the high price tag.

Room Tip: If you choose an ocean front room, be sure to ask for one looking down Ipanema beach towards Dois Ir...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple