My wife and I spent one full week in Rio de Janeiro in August at Casa Aurea in Santa Teresa and highly recommend it. Casa Aurea is a warm, relaxed and friendly place. The staff are interested, enterprising and helpful, but were never pushy or overbearing. There always seems to be at least one person who speaks English, and each of them helped us in different ways with our various plans (even including a brief, unexpected visit to the Seventh Day Adventist Hospital). The neighborhood is charming, and although it is quite an easy walk to the Gloria Metro station, taxi service is also readily available for those less inclined to walk. We traveled all over Rio by Metro, bus, taxi, boat and foot; the Casa Aurea team even helped us get to some out-lying places (plus a fascinating 4-hour walk through the large favela situated right above Ipanema Beach). There are excellent eating spots and interesting shops in the Santa Teresa area, as well as plenty of great views. Potential problems which had concerned us prior to our visit did not prove to be significant at all for us (language; possible noisy neighborhood; age issues (we are 73 and 69); reported "smoking" issues). The other travelers/visitors we met at Casa Aurea (all ages), were pleasant, informative and very friendly. We both definitely recommend that you consider Casa Aurea for your next visit to Rio!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guesthouse Casa Aurea is a great retreat from the heavily populated tourist areas. the pousada upon the hills of Santa Teresa where the winding cobblestone streets and an old-fashion tram Bonde, gives the neighborhood a historical charm.The very special thing about this guesthouse is connecting people, making friends.The Casa Aurea Inn has 13 rooms with a variety of accommodations ranging from dormitory style to private rooms with washrooms. There are plenty of communal areas which add sociability to the place.Complete Breakfast with tropical fruits includedSuites with refrigeratorFree Use of BBQ Grill & Pizza OvenEnglish, German, Portuguese, Spanish and French spokenExternal guest kitchenLaundryTelephone (via Skype) and broadband internet access available 24/24Wireless internet connectionClose to transport links, taxi rank, supermarkets, health centre, police station, and restaurants24-hours street security guardTourist Information Info DeskTour guides availableAirport PickupBook ExchangeAs well there is a guest kitchen too in case you want to dine in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pousada Casa Aurea Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Aurea Pousada-Guesthouse Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Pousada Casa Aurea Boutique Rio De Janeiro, Brazil