This was a return visit to Castelinho38 and one of our favourite parts of Rio. We stayed for 3 nights in one of the garden suites, Jabuticaba, and were very comfortable. It was basic but very pleasant. We even saw monkeys from our bed during a siesta.
The terrace has sweeping views over the city and has shade when needed - it was 40 degrees when we visited. The honesty bar is a good idea and works well.
There seemed even more bars and shops open this year in Santa Teresa - we last visited in 2012. With Bar do Mineiro a few yards away and Aprazivel a very short taxi ride away, you have some of the very best Rio has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Castelinho38 is a real castle in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro's bohemian neighborhood. With its friendly atmosphere and huge space, the castle is ideal for couples, families and groups. Each room has its own personality and is equipped with queen-size beds, hot shower and fans. Our exotic breakfast is served in a beautiful terrace with view of the centre of Rio. Our friendly staff is always available for travel advice and tips for day & night life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Castelinho38 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castelinho38 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Castelinho38 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil