“Does not have a welcoming feel but......”

Quiteria Restaurante
Reserve a table
Mon, 3/8
20:00
Ranked #60 of 13,751 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ipanema
Description: QUITÉRIA Located on leafy Rua Maria Quitéria, a cross street off Ipanema beach, the restaurant is specialised in Brazilian dishes that utilises fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, prepared by Chef Alejandra Maidana. The relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant, which was designed by local architect Bel Lobo, is a reference to the Tropical modernism Era, with comfortable chairs by award winning designer Sérgio Rodrigues. The site specific installation created by visual artist Gisele Camargo draws attention to the open plan kitchen, where the dishes are finalised. It is an experience of its own. DRINKS The QUITÉRIA offers a concise but sophisticated wine list, that will pair to your choice of dishes harmoniously. Here you are able to enjoy classic cocktails prepared by our bar attendants, who are masters in classic and signature caipirinhas made with fresh fruits from this season.
Reviewed 30 April 2018

This restaurant is attached to the Ipanema Inn - we were introduced to the restaurant as the breakfast venue.
The dinner menu has a wide choice and both dishes we chose were excellent and the price - with a bottle of Chilean red came in at around 75€.

The waiting staff may have lacked English a little but the lady who could converse was an absolute star

Date of visit: April 2018
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear customer,
Thank you for sharing your experience here in Quitéria with us!
Just a few steps from the Ipanema Beach and next to the Hotel Ipanema Inn, we serve the guests of this hotel and we are very pleased to receive passers-by as well!
Our menu essentially works with Brazilian, local and seasonal ingredients so that we always have fresh ingredients and encourage the local economy!
We take this opportunity to invite you to come and meet our Happy Hour, which happens every day from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm and when you order a glass of wine, long neck beer or a drink from the menu, you are offered a complimentary second!
The kitchen and bar staff appreciate your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Gabriela Oliveira

Write a reviewReviews (865)

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

The food was ok but not spectaculuar. I give it four stars because the prices are very low for a restaurant which is categorised as 'expensive'. The food itself deserved 3*. The hosts however deserve 5*.

Dear customer,
Thank you so much for transmitting your impressions on the recent visit to the QUITÉRIA.
We were happy to know that our service and prices pleased you.
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 13 April 2018

I happened to be staying at the hotel that is connected to this restaurant and checked out their reviews online and they were very favorable. This place is a GREAT hidden gem. First, Priscila helped me and speaks nearly fluent English and so did another staff member. Both were very helpful & professional. It's been rare for me to find staff members in Rio that speak fluent English so kudos to the management for hiring well educated employees. Priscila gave me lots of honest recommendations which were sincere rather than trying to upsell me to the most expensive dish. Ultimately, she recommended the seafood stew which came with red snapper, octopus, calamari and prawns in a very tasty broth. This was phenomenal! It came with rice and breadcrumbs which make it so especially unique. As others have said, a lot of Brazilian food doesn't have a lot of salt so I added some myself. I also started with the grilled hearts of palm that came with two salad dipping sauces. This was good too. After finishing the stew, I expected nothing to top this. However, I had the BEST chocolate mousse of my life for dessert. It was exceptionally rich (must have used dark chocolate). I'm a big fan of chocolate mousse and I can hands down say I have not had better than this. Thank you to Priscila for all your kind advice in assisting me pick the right entree! They also make fantastic classic caipirinhas. I'll be back!

1  Thank love2travelcheap
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions on a recent visit to Quiteria.
It is very gratifying to receive this feedback on the quality of our service and professionals!
We were very happy to know that our palmito grilled pupunha and moqueca of fish and seafood pleased and filled us with joy to know that the 60% Quetzal chocolate mousse won the title of best of its life !!!
Our proposal is to offer a Brazilian gastronomy with fresh and predominantly organic ingredients and with this offer an experience that goes beyond gasttronomy!
The smiling and efficient Priscila thanks the kindness of the highlight and just like us, looks forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Até alone food was excellent, the pork is amazing, I have been before and the octopus is also first class.. food is very fresh, with a Brazilian flavor.. one of my favorites in the city

1  Thank timmyhos
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions on a recent visit to Quiteria.
We were very happy to hear that our choices of pork chop with mashed potatoes and fried onions and grilled octopus with yam mash and sour cream, pleased! Our proposal is to offer a Brazilian gastronomy with fresh and predominantly organic ingredients.
We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food in a really nice place with really nice staff. Probably our favourite meal in Ipanema:) healthy and veggie options too

Date of visit: January 2018
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear Elaine,

Many thanks for sharing your experience here on a recent visit to the QUITÉRIA! We are flattered to have been your favorite meal in Ipanema!
In the menu we work mainly with Brazilian products, mostly organic and local producers, so that we always have a fresh and conscious menu to offer, guaranteeing a Brazilian experience and fair price.
The kitchen staff and service thank you for your kind words and look forward to your next visit soon!
Best Regards,