I had a very bad experience when trying to book a stay at Casa579. I got to them through the AirBnB website, then visited their own website to get to know a bit more. I loved the concept and contact them by email asking for availability of place and prices. My dialogue was with a person called Ana -- and began in a very warm way. She explained that there was just one room left, in an annex house, for the fist two days, but that I could move to the main house in the third day. We agreed on that and on the prices. I sent an email asking for the bank info so I could make the transfer to guarantee the room.
They simply disappeared, never answered me. I sent another email later that same day reaffirming that I was interested in renting the room and asking again for the info on the bank account. Ana answered just in the morning of the following day basically to say that day didn't have any room available. I got really upset since I had already made the travel arrangements trusting that the email exchange had made clear that I would rent the room (which was available by then). I sent an email to them saying that and the reply really showed how poor prepared they are (or at least the person who answered me) to deal with the public.
The answer was written in a horrible and ironic tone basically saying that the room is guaranteed only to those who pay for the confirmation (as asked them the info on the payment, which they never send to me) and that the problem was mine because "I had left everything for the last minute". Can you believe that? I never met this Ana -- in my life and she was lecturing me - a potential client - about my behavior as a traveler!
Anyway, I believe the place is nice - taking into account the other reviews - and the social project they sponsor seems very interesting (I work with sustainability and would love to have known it). But I will certainly never try to book anything with them again - and will not recommend to my friends. I firmly believe the quality in the human treatment must be first and set the frame for the rest of the stay. Besides as a person who "left everything for the last minute" I think I am not the kind of traveler they are willing - or able - to receive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil