It was my first time to Rio and so I didn't know anything about the city and good places to go to. I found Casa 579 on the internet and it had great reviews, so I decided to go there. Away from the loud tourists in Copacobana this is and oasis of quiteness and it offers the best views over Rio, I doubt if there are other Pousadas who can match that.
The owner Teresa was very helpfull and friendly, she organised a cab for me at the airport which brought me there.
The Casa has a great comunal area, the best roof terras, is clean and not to expensive. There are busses every 10 minutes who will drop you of in Lapa (the place for outside parties) or at the metro station.
I had a great time and would recommend this place to anyone!
Thanks Teresa, Steven
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa 579 is a stylish boutique guesthouse located in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro. With excellent facilities and an amazing roof terrace with 180 degree views of Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, it makes the perfect place to stay to avoid the soulless high rise hotels of Copacabana and Ipanema and see the “real” Rio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa 579 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa 579 Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa 579 Rio De Janeiro, Brazil