“Good value for money”

Ranked #49 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Pros: Located near a Metro station,close to domestic airport if needed, reasonably sized rooms,efficient staff,a pleasant and effective restaurant,a more than adequate breakfast(except for the rather watery fruit juices), close to international ATMs.
Cons: Street noise from the lane over which I over looked was annoying at times when trying to sleep even though I was on the 12 floor.The swimming pool was an overrated paddling pool with a nice view from the rooftop.
On a whole I would recommend this hotel for value for money and experience.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
João Batista S, Gerente geral at Windsor Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments! It was a great pleasure to have you in our hotel.Your comments will help us to develop our services.We hope to see you soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed 18 October 2013

The hotel is well located with easy access to subway and a couple of international banks.

Food:
- The breakfast is good, but for lunch and dinner I would suggest the restaurant around the corner

Stuff:
- Great folks who are always helpful. However they would really need to improve their english.

Room:
- Clean and well kept. Not very big, but certainly good enough for a short stay (1 week)

Special Mention:
- The roof top pool, bar and gym have a great view!! If you are there this should not be missed

Security:
- Top class. I was there during the recent riots, and the security kept a tight lock down of the hotel to ensure our safety.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
João Batista S, Gerente geral at Windsor Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you in Windsor Asturias Hotel.Thank you for you feedback,we are delighted you enjoy your stay with us.It is pleasing to receive such comments as yours and to know we are caring for our guest properly.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Rio de Janeiro.

Best Regards

Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Overall good stay, well recommended for cultural and business visitors or if you like to stay at a quiet area very close to Lapa's nightlife. Centro is not a touristy area and if you like the beach and being entertained you probably be better off at a hotel in Copa or Ipanema. But this hotel in Centro has a great location to just blend in with the Cariocas and easy access to beautiful Rio neighbourhoods.

Pro's:
-spacious, clean & quiet rooms
-friendly service
-Good breakfast variety hot and cold
-Right next to a very convinient subway station (aprox. 25 min to copacabana)
-In 7 min. walking distance from Lapa

Con's:
-recommended restaurants in neighbourhood all close very early , since they focus on business people. For nightlife and late dinner you'll have to walk or take taxi to Lapa (we experienced walking as very easy and save)
-Small pool, and a really tiny gym
-roomview: buildings, buildings, buildings

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Valeggua
João Batista S, Gerente geral at Windsor Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing ours as your choice of accommodation during your recent stay at Rio and for taking the time to complete its review.We’re so happy to read all your comments about our service,rooms and breakfast.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

I don't have much to compare this to, but it's surely better than the last place I stayed.

The pros: super clean room, surprisingly large bathroom, efficient service, breakfast and easy access. I picked it for the proximity to the Santos-Dumont airport and access to various parts of the city I needed to visit.

The cons: room was rather small and faced another building. I could not figure out how to close the window, so had to use extra blankets (it was "winter" in Rio and chilly). Not close to Copacabana, Ipanema, or Leblon, and dead at night.

If you want access, and a no frills business stay, especially if you need to be close to the airport, this is a good option. If you want a beach vacation, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
João Batista S, Gerente geral at Windsor Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your feedback about our service,breakfast and location.
Close proximity to business and rich cultural offerings,such as theaters,cinemas and museums. In the evening,visit the bohemian neighborhood of Lapa,with its exciting atmosphere and many bars and restaurants,where the live Brazilian music is played.
This hotel is just 10 minutes’drive from the Copacabana beach and three minutes from Santos Dumont Airport.
The building where the hotel is located is typical of the large center very close to each other and vision is impaired.
I regret the fact that you could not close the window;also inform you that all our windows are soundproof.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next visit to Rio de Janeiro.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Hello I like to say I stayed at this hotel. My room was always clean good. The staff was always helpful and service is great. Breakfast could used a little improving. The most important thing I like to say,is that I love this hotel. And that my stay at this hotel was my first time in Brazil. What I don't like an need to say. This is suspose to be a business hotel. I can honesty say Maybe three people spoke English. I really think they should hire more people that can speak English. All the people who spoke english got off work early. During the night I could not even order a drink from the bar. From Latoya

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank oshyiana

Dear Guest,

Really,we are out of words to tell you how much we are thankful for your comments.It is extremely satisfying to know how much you were satisfied with our products and services.sure that we will continue working hard each day to maintain that credibility with all of our customers.
Also inform that all our employees are studying English in a program sponsored by our company.
We expect this action to serve you better on your next holiday.

Thank you for choosing Windsor Asturias Hotel and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The hotel is nicely located (15 minutes by taxi from the buss terminal, around the corner from the Metro Station). The room is not big, but it's clean, comfortable, with a really nice bed and bathroom.

Wifi at the room was AMAZING. It's the best wifi I've got in a hotel. Ever. Internet speed is also great.

Service is good and the breakfast is plenty.

The only issue, really, was the noise from the street. Even tough I was at a back room, I still was waked at night but some drunk people screaming at the street (I was at the 9th floor). Keep that in mind. Lapa is a bohemian neighborhood, so this kind of setbacks are to be expected.

It was particularly bad for me because I had to wake up early in the morning in order to take some exams.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gustavo C
João Batista S, Gerente geral at Windsor Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Rio de Janeiro and to for taking time to complete his review.We're so happy to read all your comments about our service,breakfast,Wi-Fi and our location.

We expect to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Nice hotel, close to the small Santos Dumont airport, right in the financial heart of Rio de Janeiro, close to Flamengo's Park (wich is great for children in sundays). There´s no parking in the Hotel, but 50m away there's a very safe parking place, for wich we paid R$49 for the whole weekend. 50m away there's also the subway, and we can go to the best shopping centers in Botafogo and flamego paying R$15 by taxi. We didn't drive our car!
The rooms are very confortable, good view, nice pool with panoramica view, good coffee break.
Good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank aumuller2
João Batista S, Gerente geral at Windsor Asturias Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Windsor Asturias Hotel.
We greatly appreciate your thoughts and opinions regarding our pool area and the view from the room.It's very important for us the well-being of our guests.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again very soon!

Best Regards,