I should apologise for leaving it so long for my review. We stayed here at the end of our trip to Brazil in May 2013 - How time flies!
Situated in an excellent part of town - a bohemian quarter with access to all areas. We explored the city easily from here. It is close to Centro, Lapa, and of course, Corcovado. The City had just changed entrance procedures for Corcovado and Bindu was very helpful in assisting us with how to get there - all very easy.
The Casa is stunning - a colonial house with beautiful gardens, a tortoise, and a great family. It was a joy to see the kids and animals running round, and friends visiting. Although we weren't at the Casa very often as we were out exploring a lot; when we were - we felt very relaxed and were treated very well.
The rooms were very clean and homely - and what a home!
We were pretty tired after visiting Iguacu and trekking through Manaus, but had to enjoy the Ciudad Marvehloso - and Casa Belaza was a great base.
On a return to Rio, we'd stay most definately stay there again. Santa Teresa beats the beach places - isn't far from the beach - and punches above its weight for the service it provides.
Book it - you won't regret it.
Hope to see you again - J & A X
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our B&B is in an exotic mansion in the heart of Santa Teresa, Rio's historic and cultural district. Guests have to share the tropical gardens with the 3 turtles, butterflies and small monkeys! We are close to all the city's main attractions and the district of Lapa with Rio's best music and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Beleza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Beleza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Beleza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil