First of all I have to mention Lance who was a superhero, we arrived in the late evening from our 11hour flight and were greeted by Lance who took us to our room (9) overlooking the breakfast courtyard with stunning views of Santa Teresa. We explained we were only in Rio for 3 days to see the main sights before heading off to Buzios.
Lance gave us tips on what to go to and when was the best time for everything to avoid wasting time in queues, such as early morning for Cristo Redentor and mid-afternoon for the Sugarloaf in time for sunset, booked our taxis from the hotel to all the places and gave us bus numbers for when we wanted to explore and on top of it all the egg order in the morning! (I recommend the omelette) I don't know how he kept up his energy to look after all the people staying but we definately appreciated the local information for our whirlwind visit!
The room was comfortable and a good size with plenty of storage space for longer stays. There is only a shower available in this room and it is up some stairs but it felt private.
There is a small pool with loungers which we didn't get to use this time but would've have been useful during the 39c heatwave (in spring!).
The surrounding area is safe for walking around to Bar Gomez, Mikeshaus and trendy little bars and cafes.
I would recommend getting Lance/David to arrange your taxi, with their preferred company, from the airport as some of the taxi firms aren't familiar with the winding, hilly lanes of Santa Teresa and you may go around in circles and you'll be better offer than going for the fixed price "cowboys" that harass you in the Rio arrivals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cool Beans B&B-Santa Teresa! Beautiful B&B in the central district of artsy Santa Teresa. Each room with A/C, ceiling fans, free WiFi, frigobars and en-suite bathroom. Swimming pool with sun terrace. Just minutes to the Bonde, bars, restaurants & shops of hip Santa Teresa; metro and tourist attractions. Offering one of the best deals in Rio de Janeiro! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Casa Cool Beans B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cool Beans Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Cool Beans B&B Rio De Janeiro, Brazil