It's no surprise that this is the number one ranked B&B in Rio. We chose Casa Cool Beans because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and because we wanted to stay in Santa Teresa. Believe all the excellent reviews you've read about this place because they are completely true I'm probably just repeating what so many reviews have already said, but let me give you some of my favorite things about this place:
1. The individualized service. Every morning, the owners (Lance or David) or the concierge (Micoh) were on hand to help us plan our day. We already came to Rio with an agenda in mind, but the people at Casa Cool Beans were able to give us helpful tips on how to travel to the places we wanted to go to, where to eat, and suggest other interesting things to see. What was great was that when we first spoke with David, he asked us what we liked to do when we travelled and from what we said, he was able to tailor his suggestions to us. (for instance, we wanted to travel mainly by public transportation, and not by taxi, so he suggested bus routes. We also are in our late 20's/early 30's, and so he suggested that we go check out Lapa and check out the party scene...it was great.) Also at the end of the trip, they wrote us a thank you note and gave me a necklace! That was super sweet.
We also left their B&B to go stay with friends, and even though we weren't staying with them over the weekend, THEY STILL GAVE US IDEAS ON WHERE TO GO that weekend. Let me repeat: We weren't staying with them, but they wanted to MAKE SURE we had a great time in Rio or whereever we were going.
2. The location. We partially chose this hotel because we wanted to stay in Santa Teresa. Is it by the beach? No. Is it walking distance to Lapa? Kinda, but I wouldn't recommend schleping up a steep hill after drinking caiprinhas all night long. Is it artsy? Yes. Is it where real people (aka the non uber chiseled modelesque people you see in Leblon) and Rio hipsters hang? Yes. Is it walking distance to Bar do Gomes, where we spent many a night drinking cold beer after cold beer? HELL YES.
3. The facilities. I mean, I feel like you only write things about the facilities unless completely disgusting or baller-style fantasy luxury. This is neither. Our room was spacious and VERY clean. The bathroom was also clean. The bed was hard, but not unbearable. The bathroom products (Granado, aka Brazilian Bath and Body Works), I was obsessed with and went to the Granado store to buy those products after using them at Casa Cool Beans. But I think the BEST part of Casa Cool Beans was the art. Each room features a different artist and there is art hanging all over the place. I love the art that they featured (some mixed media work, lots of bright colors). You can buy the art they have displayed (and Lance and David can put you in contact with the artist). I couldn't afford some of the art, but I took down the names of the artists that I liked that they featured and will be saving my pennies up!!
4. Last, but not least, the breakfast. It is a Bed and BREAKFAST after all. Our game plan, since Rio is not the cheapest city around, was to load up at breakfast. Casa Cool Beans enabled us to do so. They had a buffet of yogurt, fruit, cheese, pastries, breads, and cold cuts. They also had (great) coffee and juice available. You can get eggs made to order, and on one day they had waffles, which was pretty awesome.
I can go on and on, but suffice to say, this place was great. I would go back again and again (as long as Lance and David own it!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cool Beans B&B-Santa Teresa! Beautiful B&B in the central district of artsy Santa Teresa. Each room with A/C, ceiling fans, free WiFi, frigobars and en-suite bathroom. Swimming pool with sun terrace. Just minutes to the Bonde, bars, restaurants & shops of hip Santa Teresa; metro and tourist attractions. Offering one of the best deals in Rio de Janeiro! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Casa Cool Beans B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cool Beans Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Cool Beans B&B Rio De Janeiro, Brazil