Set in charming Santa Teresa, Casa Cool Beans is a very rare place. Co-owner Lance is the consummate concierge, he made us feel as though we were his special guests, without being obtrusive, with thoughtful touches like a bottle of sparkling wine in the fridge to take to the beach for NYE and pre-booked metro tickets to get down there. He and manager Sergio think two steps ahead for you about things you didn't even know you had to think of, to cut down on hassles and time-wasting. The spotless rooms are simple but refined, with quality Brazillian-made soap, shampoo and conditioner and local artwork. No TVs. Wi-Fi is reliable and fast everywhere except the rooms on the same floor as the reception, which are small and lack light. Breakfast includes a selection of fresh fruits and Lance's excellent omelettes and sometimes fluffy waffles. You can sit and engage with other guests at the communal table over breakfast or happily choose not to. The pool is the perfect respite on a hot Rio afternoon after a morning of sightseeing, before heading out at night. It's a lovely walk from Casa Cool Beans down to Lapa, and to the Gloria metro station, and some of Rio's best eating experiences are to be found just a couple of streets away - we liked Espirito Santa, Sobrenatural for seafood, Bar do Gomez for local characters, chopp and croquettes. We heard about taxis being reluctant to come up the cobblestoned hill to Santa but never had any problems, and we also always felt safe. We're destined to rave about this place to anyone coming to Rio who wants a personalised experience. Lance and his partner David's affection for Brazil, and commitment to top quality, unpretentious hospitality absolutely shines through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cool Beans B&B-Santa Teresa! Beautiful B&B in the central district of artsy Santa Teresa. Each room with A/C, ceiling fans, free WiFi, frigobars and en-suite bathroom. Swimming pool with sun terrace. Just minutes to the Bonde, bars, restaurants & shops of hip Santa Teresa; metro and tourist attractions. Offering one of the best deals in Rio de Janeiro! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Casa Cool Beans B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cool Beans Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Cool Beans B&B Rio De Janeiro, Brazil